Rbc On Cookies

Decorating By kaat Updated 7 Dec 2008 , 12:29am by KathyTW

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 5

How do I use RBC on cookies? I'm making sugar cookies this week and wonder about trying it instead of royal. I haven't had any luck finding a tuorial on it. Thanks for your help thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 4:19am
post #2 of 5

I'm sure it will work & taste great.

I'd suggest rolling out sheets of RBC between sheets of parchment and then cutting out the shapes while the sheets are still quite cool.

If possible, apply the shapes to the cookie while the cookie is warm, but not hot. If the cookies cool down, you can use a bit of corn syrup.

RBC crusts a bit, but doesn't dry hard for a very long time, so I'd suggest not stacking the cookies.

HTH
Rae

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 5

I just did a batch of cookies w RBC on them. I roll out the RBC before I put the cookies in the oven. PLace the RBC in the freezer to firm up while the cookies bake. Makes for placing the RBC on the cookies much easier. ONce the cookies come out of the oven I start placing the RBC on them. Let them sit for 24 hrs and package them up. I try to put the RBC on while still warm that way I don't have an extra step with the corn syrup. Good Luck

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 11:56pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks. I've never tried this before but I'm going to give it a go tomorrow. Wish me luck!

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 12:29am
post #5 of 5

I love using RBC on my cookies it seems to help keep the cookie fresher than if using RI. Here is a photo of a cookie I just made - it is a regular sugar cookie, the brown is RBC and then the decorations are either RI or melted chocolate.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%