Candy Canes...

Baking By SILVERCAT Updated 8 Dec 2008 , 1:51pm by kaat

SILVERCAT Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 12:04pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone. I received and order for holiday cookies adn I was able to pick what design they received. I decided I would do stockings, and candy canes. I got the stockings figured out but for the life of me I can't figure out how I am going to work the candy canes. I really like working with RBC and cookies. I am trying to work in my head how I am going to make a candy cane cookie red and white. I thought about punching out all red and white candy canes and than cutting those and place the pieces on the cookies. BC of the size of the cookies I already have a cookie sheet with two dozen of them ready to go into the oven. I also like to put the RBC on the cookie when it is fresh out of the oven. I looked through the gallery and believe it there aren't many candy cane cookies! SO if you have any ideas that would help me PLEASE share! TIA, Megan

3 replies
Kitagrl Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 12:26pm
post #2 of 4

I've done candy cane cookies but just use cookie glaze or royal icing and make like 1 cm stripes, alternating, on the cookies. Good luck!

Melonie1005 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 1:48pm
post #3 of 4

Hi, what I would do is roll out ropes of red and white, lay them side by side and roll between wax paper. This will give you the stripes you need and just cut out with the cutter. I did this with my candy corn cookies at halloween. Hope this helps.
Melonie

kaat Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 1:51pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie1005

Hi, what I would do is roll out ropes of red and white, lay them side by side and roll between wax paper. This will give you the stripes you need and just cut out with the cutter. I did this with my candy corn cookies at halloween. Hope this helps.
Melonie

BRILLIANT!
I was wondering the same thing myself and couldn't come up with something that wasn't completely time consuming! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%