What Holds The Cookies In The Cookie Bouquets???

Baking By Ladiesofthehouse Updated 8 Dec 2008 , 5:40pm by -Tubbs

Ladiesofthehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladiesofthehouse Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 7:13am
post #1 of 6

I tried doing a search on here, but nothing came up--sorry if this has been answered already. I have been using foam core that I already had, but we don't have access to much here and I am almost out--what does everybody else use so the cookies don't wobble around?

BTW--I just love this site. I have been encouraged so much by what I read that my baking business is actually taking off quite nicely. Thanks so much for being so gracious with your knowledge everyone!

Kris
www.ladiesofthehouse.com

5 replies
Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 7:34am
post #2 of 6

I was taught to use layers of Foam, then weights of some kind (like flat glass marbles, the kind people put in vases?) and then decorative shredded paper to top it off with, or whatever your likes or theme is....
This way, you are addressing several issues: Keeping the bottom heavy and weighted, the foam and flat marbles help keep the cookies from moving around and then the shredded paper gives it a finished look!
I hope this helps?

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 1:28pm
post #3 of 6

I use dried beans to add weight to the container and then use styrofoam cut to fit snugly over the beans and them paper shreds. It works nicely and the beans I think are cheaper than marbles. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 2:29pm
post #4 of 6

Ladiesofthehouse
All I do is buy some of the green floral stuff from the dollar store and cut it so it fits nicely in my pot. When you put your cookie pops in, they should stay tight unless you move them. Once they are inserted, don't touch them again. HTH

Ladiesofthehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladiesofthehouse Posted 7 Dec 2008 , 6:31am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the tips everyone. I was thinking the floral foam might work too, so will give it a try.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 5:40pm
post #6 of 6

Floral foam works really well if you're using a clay or other heavy pot. Otherwise the arrangement becomes too top-heavy and unstable. For this reason I tend to always use clay pots, even if I end up putting them inside something else.

I did read here a while ago that someone used a bag of wrapped hard candies at the bottom of the pot for weights, which would be a fun surprise for the recipient (although extra cost, of course).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%