Cake Balls..again..:)

Decorating By mommaroxy Updated 6 Dec 2008 , 3:02pm by mommaroxy

mommaroxy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommaroxy Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 7

Well, thanks to everyone who answered my last post on cake balls I tried them again for my sons 13th bday treat last month. He took a batch to school. I made them to look like the cupcakes pops but without the sticks. They were a huge hit! One kid got detention for running in the hall to get another one! And, one of the teachers emailed me and said Im a marvelous baker, and that I should start a business. (If only it were that easy!!) I was flattered. So, Zack asked me to make some more cause the kids are WANTING some. The last batch was a vanilla cake with vanilla caremel creamer in chocolate and white chocolate. (I made some over thanksgiving with light, dark and white.) Zack loved the dark ones said it was like hot cocoa!! So, Im gonna make a batch of that kind dipped in the 3 diff chocolates. And he wanted something different too so Im gonna do a chocloate cake with creme de menthe syrup again dipped in all 3, but drizzle the tops with green melts so they will be able to tell the diff.

Now that Ive went on and on...lol...I was wondering what your favorite flavor combos would be. Thank you to those who gave me some ideas before. Is there a most requested kind? I am baking the choc cake right now and am curious if its gonna taste good, I do love choc and mint. Im kinda keeping to the balls cause its a lot cheaper to experiment on them than the decorating of a whole cake. (making the buttercream and all, plus a better quality cake!!)

Well, thanks in advance!! Hope everyone is having an enjoyable Holiday Season! Take Care and God Bless

~Roxanne

6 replies
enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 7

I have only made cakeballs twice so I'm not much help but here is a bump.

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 7

Zack loved the dark ones said it was like hot cocoa!!

I would love the recipe for those! Did you take any pictures?

colabear71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colabear71 Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 8:49pm
post #4 of 7

I have only made cake balls once...for this past Thanksgiving. I did a red velvet cake mixed with cream cheese icing then covered in white chocolate. Unfortunately they didn't look the best as I had specks of red throughout my white chocolate, but they tasted awesome. They were gone in no time.

I am looking forward to seeing what other combinations people put together and would love to know more about using the creamers? How much do you use?

Also, how long are the cake balls good for? Mine were gone in like 3 hours after I made them, so I have no idea how they are several days later? I am wanting to ship some for Christmas, but need to know how long they keep for.

Kim

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 8:51pm
post #5 of 7

I love anything with mint as well. I would love the recipe for your mint cake balls, too.

I have done the peanut butter cake balls from this site. They are so yummy. Everyone I made them for loved them. I am planning on making the Oreo cake balls from this site as well. They sound really good.

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 8:55pm
post #6 of 7

Here's a thread you might be interested in:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-275303.html

mommaroxy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommaroxy Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 3:02pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for that link! Great ideas there...wow!!

As for the "hot cocoa " ones...I used a DH French vanilla cake, and for the binder about 4-5 tbsp vanilla caramel liquid coffee creamer. Then dipped in dark cocoa candy melts. Everyone loved those dipped in any chocolate...had a coffee flavor overall. The mint ones were super yummy, tasted like a "real" truffle. People even asked if they were bought!
Oh, and for pictures...um...I did take some but didnt have the memory card in my camera. So, now they are on my camera but I cant find the USB cable. Soon as I find it, Ill post a pic. They turned out really good. IMO.
I never made the other batch of vanilla ones, I think I may play around this weekend with some other FUN flavoring!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%