7 Qt Cuisinart Mixer

Decorating By bambuf Updated 5 Dec 2008 , 4:07pm by okred

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 2:09pm
post #1 of 9

I am thinking about adding another baby to my Mixer family. (I currently have a 4 quart Kitchen Aid and a 5 quart Professional Kitchen Aid) I love the idea of a 7 quart mixer but would love to hear from those of you who own one. Is it a good investment? Does is work as well or better than the KAs? Thanks for your input!

8 replies
TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 2:47pm
post #2 of 9

I am also researching mixers. Although I think the best advice will come from CC'ers, I did find reviews for this one on Amazon, if it helps:

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000OYF3HM/ref=cm_cr_pr_link_1?%5Fencoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

bambuf Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 9

Great link! Thanks!

okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 9

Linens-n-Things, going out of business sale, now has this mixer for $239.99!!! I hope this was good, since I bought one without even doing any research. I can't wait to get home to unbox it!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 11:11pm
post #5 of 9

Viking

sportsmom005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sportsmom005 Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 11:18pm
post #6 of 9

I believe the Cuisinart mixer is plastic. Not sure if this really matters or not, but for the price of it, I expected it to be metal.

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 12:42am
post #7 of 9

I have the 7 qt Cuisinart and love it! It does triple batches of MMF with no problems.

Mine seems to be metal not plastic.

Only thing I have noticed with it, is it sometimes smells of oil. Like gear oil, but then the places where attachment go are always going when the mixer is in use so that's probably where the smell comes from.

You couldn't pay me enough to get rid of it! Great mixer

bambuf Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 12:59am
post #8 of 9

Great info, everyone. icon_smile.gif

MnSnow, I have the same problem with the oil smell on the Kitchen Aids. I would rather they be well lubed than dry, though. That is when you get stripped gears! icon_smile.gif

I have to say, the 7 qt capacity is really tempting!

Oh, and Mike, I would love to have a Viking...but was really lovin that Linens and Things price!

okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 4:07pm
post #9 of 9

I tried out the new Cuisinart last night and oh my!!! I love it. The pour shield actually sits down tight on the bowl, I think this will really help with the A-bomb of powdered sugar. The mixer has a timer,so just set it and walk off and it will turn off when time is up.

The attachments and bowl are dishwasher safe, where the attachments for the Kitchenaid shouldn't be put in the dishwasher. Lots of advantages and very pretty. I think the design is a lot smarter than the Kitchenaid, but I'm sure both of mine will get lots of use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%