Sugar Cookies With Ri

Baking By cylstrial Updated 4 Dec 2008 , 10:42pm by cylstrial

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 1:22pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know how long sugar cookies with RI stay fresh? FYI, I would be putting them in the little plastic cookie bags and either tying the bag or putting a piece of paper on top.

Thanks!!!

5 replies
vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 1:33pm
post #2 of 6

I made them a few years ago, and they took 3 days to frost; then a day to dry completely so I could bag them. Then they traveled another day across the county; then a 3 day trip by the time I came home.

So that is over a week already and they were delicious!
Then when I got home, I kept one of the cookies, and threw it in the freezer in the baggie. A year later, my son found the cookie and let it defrost on the counter and said it was delicious!!

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 1:37pm
post #3 of 6

OK Vicky- with all that drying time for the icing, how did your cookies not get hard as ocks? What's the secret here? Because mine dried overnight and I didn't care for them at all!

Thanks!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 6

Here is a quick side note cylstrial - if you can get cellophane bags over plastic, I find those to be better. You should be able to find them at a cake dec. store if you have one.

I have had people eat mine a few weeks after making them and swear they are good. I prefer them fresher, but that was the feedback I got, if that helps. I use the NFSC recipe here on CC with Antonia74's RI recipe.

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 1:52pm
post #5 of 6

I have a great recipe for sugar cookies that I found on allrecipes.com . They start softer and stay softer longer than other recipes and they're YUMMY! I don't add the nutmeg as to me, that makes them taste too seasonal. Here's a link:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Soft-Sugar-Cookies-V/Detail.aspx

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 10:42pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you all so much! I did mean the cellophane bags.. I just said plastic. I can't wait to try the cookie recipe that you provided ckkerber!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%