Funny Thanksgiving Stories

Lounge By CakeMommyTX Updated 4 Dec 2008 , 5:24pm by KKC

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 7:14am
post #1 of 2

Ok I know we all have them.
Its impossible for people to get together with massive quantities of food, alcohol and the excitement of Black Friday lurking in the air with out something happening.
So lets hear them, I bet you're family is not as crazy as you thought it was.

I'll go first.
My family has a habit of naming random things, anything from the tree in the front yard to the weird squeaking noise the house makes, and for some reason it's always a mans name, i.e. George, Bob or Steve.
Well this year my sister named the Turkey Dennis and then proceeded to say "dirty" things about Dennis, for example "Dennis really filled me up" "Wow Dennis is so BIG and "Wow Dennis tastes so good in my mouth .
Had she just said "turkey" instead of Dennis then it wouldnt have been so bad but I guess that would have lowered the shock value significantly.
Now had this just been my immediate family then it would have been funny (ok so we are weird) but no she had to do this in front of my husbands family, which already thinks we are a bunch of loons anyways, so now they think we are perverts as well.
Oh and did I mention that they had yet to arrive when we named the turkey, so they had no clue she was talking about the bird, we had to tell them and that was really embarrassing, having to explain why we named the turkey.
I can't wait to see what she names the ham!

1 reply
KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 2

That is hilarious...we have a big family and there is usually a funny story to tell but this year I slept half the day on Thanksgiving because of all those darn cakes i had to get out.

I think I want to try your name game out with my family if u don't mind!!! The only thing kinda funny was the fact that my little 4 year old cousin filled my grandmothers Turkey fryer up with dirt & grass...AND...her brand new $35 case of Peanut Oil, but he's just so darn cute that she couldn't be mad at him.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%