Hell Experience W/ Fondant....back In The Saddle

Decorating By BlondiezBakery Updated 4 Dec 2008 , 3:29am by BlondiezBakery

BlondiezBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlondiezBakery Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 2:58am
post #1 of 4

So, I decided to give it one more go. I had exactly enough of the incredients to give it one more try before giving up.

And....well....I had the exact opposite turn out. (I started with 2lbs PS and the mixture...then slowly added in more PS) Needless to say, I had my hands covered in ooey-gooey-gluey fondant, and I had to have my husband RUSH to the store to buy me more bags of PS. He stormed out the door and returned with about 7 bags. ha ha.

All said it done...I think it went well? I ended up with a 7lbs fondant baby. I wrapped it tight in seran wrap and nursed it into a dark corner to sleep for the next 48 hours.

Fondant attempt #1 is already hard as a rock and tucked away.
Fondant attempt #2 is a doughy loose ball that falls in whatever direction you might be leaning.

For all of your fondant makers....is either of these descriptions more accurate? or should I be more in the middle?

3 replies
Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 3:09am
post #2 of 4

It should be in the middle. Soft, pliable and moldable. But, what recipe are you using? Are you making MMF or what?

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 3:13am
post #3 of 4

The second description for the recipe your using sound right. Thats exactly how mine was and I was SO worried it wasn't gonna work out, but by the next day it thickened up and was the ideal texture/consistency to work with. I think its very soft at first because the chocolate needs time to harden.

BlondiezBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlondiezBakery Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 3:29am
post #4 of 4

Awesome!!!!! I will be so thrilled if my second attempt goes well. I totally agree that it is probably soft because of the melted chocolate and the warm liquid mixture. I am sure once it all cools I will be good to go.

Yea!

Sweetcakes, it is a white choclate recipe found here
http://ashleescooking.blogspot.com/2008/06/how-to-makecolorcut-fondant.html

Don't ask me why I wanted my first fondant attempt to be one that was frequently used.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%