Dallas Area Kitchen Rental

Business By mmgiles Updated 8 Dec 2008 , 5:23am by Tita9499

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 10:37pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone know of anyone willing to rent kitchen time by the hour in Dallas? Or are there any of those businesses that just rent out the kitchen?

7 replies
mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 2:40pm
post #2 of 8

Nothing?? No one knows of anything?

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 1:18am
post #3 of 8

I live in East Texas. I found a private school that was willing to rent out their kitchen in the evening. I rent it 3 nights a week (Wed, Thurs, Fri) from 6:00-10:00. If I do need it on Sat--they are good to let me use it.
I occasionally leave them some extra goodies as a thank-you.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 1:37am
post #4 of 8

Try Greenz in Addison. I think it is $250/week, for 10 hours each week. That's the only place I know of for the moment.

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 12:29am
post #5 of 8

The kitchen I use is from a party location. It is a ranch people rent out for parties, weddings, etc. They serve food at the events but usually only use it on the weekends so I can use it anytime during the week. I lucked into this because I am friends with the owner - was prior to even doing cakes. So, think bigger than your usual places!

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:56am
post #6 of 8

So what do you need in order to rent one of these locations usually? I just recently moved to El Paso and found out that Texas doesn't allow home based foodservice businesses. Any advice...sorry for mooching off of your post

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 5:09am
post #7 of 8

Check with the local health department...here in East Texas, I needed a commissary permit, catering permit. registered my business name, you may need comptroller permit, as well as insurance.

It cost me about $1500 to $2000 to get started (paid out all in one month--ouch!). Now I just got my paperwork to renew by the end of this month--another $225.00.

Oh and you also need a food management license. Hope that helps--I may have missed a few things but I am dog-tired.

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 5:23am
post #8 of 8

Cool, thanks for the advice...and thanks for the post!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%