Dallas Area Kitchen Rental

Business By mmgiles Updated 8 Dec 2008 , 5:23am by Tita9499

mmgiles Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 10:37pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone know of anyone willing to rent kitchen time by the hour in Dallas? Or are there any of those businesses that just rent out the kitchen?

7 replies
mmgiles Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 2:40pm
post #2 of 8

Nothing?? No one knows of anything?

Mac Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 1:18am
post #3 of 8

I live in East Texas. I found a private school that was willing to rent out their kitchen in the evening. I rent it 3 nights a week (Wed, Thurs, Fri) from 6:00-10:00. If I do need it on Sat--they are good to let me use it.
I occasionally leave them some extra goodies as a thank-you.

summernoelle Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 1:37am
post #4 of 8

Try Greenz in Addison. I think it is $250/week, for 10 hours each week. That's the only place I know of for the moment.

1234me Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 12:29am
post #5 of 8

The kitchen I use is from a party location. It is a ranch people rent out for parties, weddings, etc. They serve food at the events but usually only use it on the weekends so I can use it anytime during the week. I lucked into this because I am friends with the owner - was prior to even doing cakes. So, think bigger than your usual places!

Tita9499 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:56am
post #6 of 8

So what do you need in order to rent one of these locations usually? I just recently moved to El Paso and found out that Texas doesn't allow home based foodservice businesses. Any advice...sorry for mooching off of your post

Mac Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 5:09am
post #7 of 8

Check with the local health department...here in East Texas, I needed a commissary permit, catering permit. registered my business name, you may need comptroller permit, as well as insurance.

It cost me about $1500 to $2000 to get started (paid out all in one month--ouch!). Now I just got my paperwork to renew by the end of this month--another $225.00.

Oh and you also need a food management license. Hope that helps--I may have missed a few things but I am dog-tired.

Tita9499 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 5:23am
post #8 of 8

Cool, thanks for the advice...and thanks for the post!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%