How Would You Mesh A Barnyard Theme And A Dog Cake?

Decorating By LoriMc Updated 4 Dec 2008 , 3:15pm by marccrand

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 8:31pm
post #1 of 6

I have a request for a cake (under $40) where the one year old likes dogs, but the mom bought barnyard themed plates and partyware. Any cute ideas on how I could incorporate the two?

5 replies
jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 6

How about a barn for a doghouse with a dog poking his head out..I would ask to see the table wear so your chances of matching it would be greater!!
Laura

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 8:47pm
post #3 of 6

you could have the dog chasing some sheep or a cow or some piggies

a herding dog of sorts

marccrand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marccrand Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 9:04pm
post #4 of 6

We did one a little while ago that had several animals. All of them in different ways to keep them all interesting. For the dog, just lay down a piece of brown fondant and then shape a dog's rear legs, tail and behind so it looks like he's digging a hole. Best of all - no face to mold!

Just another idea.

I'm not sure my picture attached, so I'll try again - hopefully it's not on there 17 times icon_cry.gif
LL

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 10:07pm
post #5 of 6

I can't see the picture! icon_sad.gif

Thanks for the ideas guys. I wish I could figure out how to make a barn, but not necessarily out of cake. I need to keep this under $40.00

marccrand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marccrand Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 3:15pm
post #6 of 6

Sorry, let me try again. If it still doesn't work you can click at the bottom and go to my website. It's in the gallery, under the tab "Recent Creations" called Petpourri. The dog is in the back corner, sorry it's a little hidden by the bird.

I hope I don't offend because this is none of my business, but for $40, I'd do an edible image on a 6" round and no more. But I don't know where you are located, maybe that's your area's going rate. Good luck thumbs_up.gif .
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%