Comments On Pics

Decorating By diane706 Updated 4 Dec 2008 , 5:21pm by diane706

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 17

Good Morning everyone! I'm a newbie to CC. Can someone please tell me how to see the comments other CC members post on my pics? My account is set to receive comments but I don't see any. (I posted the pics last night and this morning I was checking my email and got lots of notifications of comments received on my cakes). Thanks!! Have a great day everyone! icon_biggrin.gif

16 replies
JaLa90016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaLa90016 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 17

Good Morning

If you go to the home page, there is a link that says "My photos".
Click on the "My Photos" and this will take you to your photes. Click on the photo and you will see all of your comments.

Hope this helps.

diane706 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 17

Thanks JaLa... but I've already tried that and EVERYTHING else!!(I think) icon_cry.gif Anybody else have any advice for me? TIA

turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 17

I just posted a comment on the topsy turvy wedding cake. It said that the comment had been added, but it never showed up like they normally do. Maybe post this in the technical support forum, if you haven't already.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 8:52pm
post #5 of 17

On your "my forum info" check the box that saids "allow comments to be posted" I just posted a comment and nothing showed up. By the way....your cake are awesome.. you do beautiful work. Thanks for sharing....

DaCakeDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaCakeDiva Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 8:55pm
post #6 of 17

Scroll up^ waaay up

JaLa90016 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 8:57pm
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylee

On your "my forum info" check the box that saids "allow comments to be posted" I just posted a comment and nothing showed up. By the way....your cake are awesome.. you do beautiful work. Thanks for sharing....

Hey terrylee- That was what I had to do when I didn't see any comments as well.

Your creations are beautiful. Let us know if that works for you.

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 8:59pm
post #8 of 17

I have tried posting comments on several pictures today, but got the same thing. It said my comment was added but none of them showed up.

diane706 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 9:03pm
post #9 of 17

Terrylee, thanks for your help but I did that. I've tried everything. My email is inundated with notifications of comments! WOW icon_biggrin.gif I would love to see what everybody is saying!! Heavenleecakes, What do you mean by "scroll way up"? BTW, I had your saying about memory written on my dry erase board in my kitchen. My family loved it!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 9:03pm
post #10 of 17

There are updates being done on CC right now so this might just be a hick up in the system. I'm sure Jackie and Heath will get to it when they can.

JaLa90016 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 9:04pm
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoid

I have tried posting comments on several pictures today, but got the same thing. It said my comment was added but none of them showed up.

Me too...I just tried to leave a comment on the new cakes that have been posted and its not showing up.

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 9:04pm
post #12 of 17

"Comments" have not been working for a couple of days .... there is a post in the Technical Forum regarding the issue so let's hope that the site administrators see it! I imagine it is due to all the other maintenance stuff going on.....I hope it works soon - I've never gotten comments before until yesterday and now I can't see them! icon_cry.gif

diane706 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 9:09pm
post #13 of 17

OMG!! I can't believe I'm sitting here on my computer. I'm soooo addicted to CC. I love you guys!!!! But I gotta get back to my wine bottle cake. I'll check back in a while to see if anybody else has any ideas or solutions (knowing me, probably 5 minutes). icon_wink.gif Thanks everybody!

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 9:20pm
post #14 of 17

No wonder you got tons of comments! I would have left a comment on every one of your cakes, but since you can't read them, I'm just commenting here!!! How on earth did you do the sweater?

Again, every single cake is amazing!

diane706 Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 3:37pm
post #15 of 17

Just_for_fun, thanks for the nice complement! I just edited my sweater photo with an explanation of how it was done if you want to check it out.

pokeyanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pokeyanne Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 4:43pm
post #16 of 17

Well I'm glad to see that it's "just" a technical issue. icon_smile.gif My last two cookie pictures I uploaded yesterday have like 200 views and been saved to about 30 peoples favorites and not one comment on either one. Let's face it we all love getting comments on our hard work.

diane706 your work is beautiful! I first came to this site doing cakes but find myself doing and enjoying cookies more and more. I find them less tempermental and more forgiving. Let's hope they get the comment section up and running soon so we can continue giving praise and support for everyones works of art.

diane706 Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 5:21pm
post #17 of 17

Pokeyanne, thanks so much for the sweet complement! I just looked at your photos and left a comment just in case we're ever going to be able to see them! You do FABULOUS work!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%