Toba's Glace Laft Overnite On Countertop.

Baking By carleen2140 Updated 5 Dec 2008 , 6:51pm by mija10417

carleen2140 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carleen2140 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 7

I made a batch of Toba's glace last night about 9 p.m., and I done some outlining of cookies. When I cleaned up the kitchen, I missed the container with the glaze in it. Naturally it was the first thing I seen this morning. It has milk in it and it went without refrigeration, should I dare use it, or mark it up as a lost and toss it. It was out about 12 hrs.
Thanks
Carleen

6 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 7

It's perfectly fine. The high sugar content will keep it from spoiling. I often leave the icing out for days at a time while I am working on the cookies. The decorated cookies are fine left unrefrigerated for a couple weeks, as well. Unless you put in some brite white or white-white food color to the icing, I would not recommend refrigerating the decorated cookies. The cold seems to cause the icing to get cloudy and spotty. (Even Toba does not recommend refrigeration).

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 7

Definitely don't refrigerate the cookies. In her book, Toba does say you should store the glace' in the refrigerator -- two weeks with milk three without. I let it come to room temperature to ice and then put back in the fridge when I'm done. Yours should be o.k.

carleen2140 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carleen2140 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for the replies. I ended up making another batch, but did not toss away the first batch. I will use it. It makes one think if just the icing has to be refrigerated, how come decorated cookies can sit out for days. It gets confusing, but it will never stop me from making cookies....icon_smile.gif
Carleen

mija10417 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mija10417 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 6:49pm
post #5 of 7

What about freezing them? Could you freeze cookies already decorated with the glace?

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 4:27am
post #6 of 7

Mija, you can freeze toba's glace cookies. But be sure to put brite-white (white-white) in your entire batch before you color it, or it will blotch when drying or freezing.

mija10417 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mija10417 Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 6:51pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks Shiney!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%