"totally Gross" Birthday Theme

Decorating By MeliaJ Updated 3 Dec 2008 , 5:16pm by MeliaJ

MeliaJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeliaJ Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 8

I've been asked to do a birthday cake for a friend's son. The birthday theme is "Totally Gross", favors are gummie boogers, snot, etc. (you get the idea icon_smile.gif ).

I am at a loss for what kind of cake to make, I'm relativly new at decorating so I dont want to ellabrote, but still cute.

Any help would be great, the cake is for next Saturday.

Thanks
Melia

7 replies
emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 2:55pm
post #2 of 8

You can always look at http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/ and see if anything there sparks the "gross" reflex. icon_smile.gif

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 3:04pm
post #3 of 8

How old is the boy. As I've dicscovered with my own two boys, the "Grossness" factor changes with age. icon_smile.gif

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 3:14pm
post #4 of 8

Although I find these deplorable icon_confused.gif , how about a "Kitty Litter Cake"? There are always lots of gross examples in the Halloween Gallery.
Good Luck!

swoozie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swoozie Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 3:45pm
post #5 of 8

Going out on a limb here. But how about a giant nose with large nose holes. ( I think there is a board game out now similar... something about picking the nose. ... boogers, snot... boys are so into gross!

The game I saw a couple years ago. I am not sure that it is still out.
the mom could get nose pencil sharpeners for goodies. and gummy boogers... maybe even a box of tissues.

hmm maybe it is time for another cup of coffee....
swoozie

calynmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calynmom Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 3:59pm
post #6 of 8

The game I think Swoozie is talking about is Neds Head. He's a crazy looking shaped head with things you can pull out of his ears, nose and eyes. You can make anything like worms, bugs, snot and stuff coming out of the head.

Maybe even the head can look like the birthday boy.

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 4:15pm
post #7 of 8

I think any body part cake, possibly mangled would be gross. Maybe even a foot (cake wrecks has the lotus foot complete with toenails....totally disgusting!)

To add to the grossness...make it out of store-bought fruit cake! NASTY!

MeliaJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeliaJ Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 5:16pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the ideas. He will be turning 10.

The more the merrier!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%