Christmas Is 22 Days Away And.....

Decorating By Curtsmin24 Updated 3 Dec 2008 , 3:23pm by JaLa90016

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 7:01am
post #1 of 4

it's time to start making yummies!!!!!! Today I got an idea (sorry if it's been done already) I was looking through my freezer and had tons of cake scraps!!! Most chocolate and a few vanilla almond and hazelnut flavors. So I decided to throw them all in my mixer with some leftover chocolate buttercream a couple splashes of white chocolate syrup and some caramel topping. I made 2 1/2 inch balls and I am dipping them in chocolate to make christmas cake ball ornaments. I know cake balls have been made already but I have yet to hear about this combo.

My family loves chocolate and I also added some chocolate chunks in there. Oh boy am I excited to finish these. There were some leftover walnuts and pecans and I decided to crush them a bit and add them also.

I know i'not the only one who gets creative and I wanted to see if any cc'ers would like to share there accidental masterpieces. I will try to post pictures ( still waiting on a new camera). This is going to be called chocover madness...... anybody want to go next?

3 replies
JaLa90016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaLa90016 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 7:17am
post #2 of 4

sounds wonderfu....I better start saving my cake scraps!!!!

Does cake balls taste anything like rum balls?

Merry Christmas!!!

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 7:27am
post #3 of 4

to me they do. but now that you mention it I might add some more scraps and a splash of rum.

JaLa90016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaLa90016 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 3:23pm
post #4 of 4

I am really gonna make me some cake balls now. I have all sorts of concoctions running through my head...Yum Yum!!!!

I want to make some turtle cake balls and some coconut cake balls and some tres leches cake balls. And the list can go on and on...

Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%