Protecting Your Work Table

Decorating By Susans53 Updated 4 Dec 2008 , 6:02am by Frankyola

Susans53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susans53 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 3:39am
post #1 of 4

Now that I have nice long cuts ( most probably from using the pizza cutter to cut fondant ribbon ) on my formica table, what can I use to provent further damage when working with fondant. I was using just the Wilton plastic mat-how dumb of me!

3 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 4

Buy some thick vinyl at the fabric store or walmart or get a cutting mat at the fabric store that quilters use.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 4

if your pizza cutter cut your formica, i can only think two things...either you have the strength of the hulk, or your pizza cutter is crazy sharp...formica is not that thin, and i cut on mine all the time...lightly, not chopping carrots or anything, but for minor softer things like fruit, etc.

for cutting my foam core and such, along with alot of my fondant/gumpaste, i use two things. a really thick white plastic cutting board we bought from pampered chef, and for my gumpaste, i use the thin cutting boards that are made to be picked up and bent if necessary. they work perfectly. i tape a couple of the corners down, put a touch of shortening on it, and off i go. if i need to use my work area for something else, i just pick the board up and move it somewhere else.

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 6:02am
post #4 of 4

mixinvixen, you really made me laugh icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%