Acai Berry Diet

Lounge By angelbaby612 Updated 3 Dec 2008 , 11:14pm by TC123

angelbaby612 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 2:46am
post #1 of 5

Hey yall. Has anyone tried the Acai Berry pills that are advertised on the site, among many other places? I have been considering ordering them, but I'm a little leery. Any suggestions?

4 replies
xstitcher Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 7:55am
post #2 of 5

Personally I wouldn't order them. I'm always seeing those ads on tv relating to legal action taken against a lot of these companies because of complications that arise later. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a miracle pill icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif , but I just don't think it's that easy as taking a few pills a day and you've shed so much weight in a matter of weeks. It can't be that healthy if you ask me. You could always ask you Dr. and see if they know anything about it.

Mike1394 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 9:21am
post #3 of 5

Acai is a very nice fruit, alot of nutrients. The main issue is it has an overabundance of potassium. Look up potassium overload then make your choice.

TexasSugar Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 3:40pm
post #4 of 5

My thought on pills, if it sounds too good to be true, it is. The best way to lose weight is through your diet and exercise.

I see those ads on my myspace... "I lost 45 lbs in 3 months." And my thought is yeah right. People don't do that unless they are on the biggest loser and are cut off from the real world and all the bad food and get to work out all day.

TC123 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 11:14pm
post #5 of 5

I would stay away from it all together. Adding to what someone else said, many of the long term side affects come up much later down the road. (Look at the health concerns that arose from ephedra.) To me, your life is not worth the risk. Also, what is NOT reported is that most of the people who take these quick-fix products tend to put the weight back on.

It takes time, diet, exercise, and commitment to lose weight healthfully. And you'll FEEL better, too. Look up the "food pyramid" on line for guidelines on daily food categories. There are also probably some good sites to help understand what "portion" size is, compared with how we eat in general in the U.S.

Also, if you are not able to join a gym or have trouble getting a fitness program started, my personal suggestion would be to purchase Wii Fit if you can. (My husband bought it for my birthday, and it's been absolutely wonderful.)

I would definitely check with your doctor, though, to make sure that your plan and goals are healthy and safe.

Best wishes to you... icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%