How Do You Give Your Clients A Cutting Guide? What Format?

Decorating By Toptier Updated 3 Dec 2008 , 3:04am by indydebi

Toptier Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 2:38am
post #1 of 2

How does everyone handle cutting guides? Do you give your customer a print out of the Wilton wedding cake cutting guide or do you make your own on a graphics program? I looked in the template section but all the cutting diagrams there seem to be photos of full-size, ie, the size of the actual cake. Does anyone give out a life-size diagram each time?

So I'm curious how everyone else does this. I can't seem to find small-scale cut and paste picture diagrams to paste onto an 8-1/2" x 11" sheet to give to a customer- do I have to create my own? I don't feel the need to re-create the wheel if I don't have too icon_smile.gif

I really would like to find some diagrams for each size of a round cake in party sizes (1-1/2"x2"x4"). Does such a thing exist or am I going to the drawing board?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 reply
indydebi Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 3:04am
post #2 of 2

I either (a) direct them to my website page where it shows them how to cut a cake, http://cateritsimple.com/_wsn/page10.html , or (b) just tell them, "Cut a 2" strip, then cut that strip into 1" pieces. An inch is about the length between the end of your thumb and your first knuckle."

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%