I Need Help With A Design.

Decorating By CakesbyBecca Updated 3 Dec 2008 , 11:35pm by CakesbyBecca

CakesbyBecca Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 1:17am
post #1 of 3

My family and I are traveling about 600 miles to see our extended family for Christmas next week. While we are there, we are having an extended family Christmas party and during that party, we will be surprising my step-grandma with a birthday party of her own, since she turns 75 on the 8th. I will be making the cake. I'm going to make a 10" and 7", royal blue bc with white royal icing snowflakes. I want to put something on there that indicates it's for her, but I'm not sure exactly how to do that. Should I make a gumpaste G for the top? Or gumpaste 75? Any other ideas?

2 replies
kakeladi Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 1:34am
post #2 of 3

I'd suggest a 75 & G done in a rope fashion out of gp &/or fondant.
Then have some small snowflakes on & around them.

May I suggest you keep the blue on the pastel side. Royal blue b'cream is 1) hard to come up with & 2) could stain people's mouth, tounge &/or teethicon_sad.gif

CakesbyBecca Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 3

Ah, I didn't think about that. Thanks for mentioning it. Where would you put the 75 and the G? On the side? Top?

Quote by @%username% on %date%