Ideas For A Baby Boy Shower Cake W/antique Baseball Theme

Decorating By jcaste Updated 5 Dec 2008 , 10:35pm by xstitcher

jcaste Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 4

Any ideas? I searched in the gallerie & there isnt many cakes. I was asked to make this cake next month but I haven't accepted the order yet. I want to make sure I can do it. It's for a party for about 50 ppl. The last cake I made for 50-60ppl was a bit of a nightmare for me. Im a newbie so it was alot for me.

3 replies
xstitcher Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 7:26am
post #2 of 4

How about looking up some pics of older baseball uniforms and making it with blue and white stripes and adding a really old/well used baseball and or bat to it. Just do a search in google for some of these older looking items. The baby could be wearing the uniform and maybe lying down under a blankie and the baseball bat and baseball are placed near him?

Or you could look up some wallpaper (you know like the borders they put up in the rooms) that have a baseball theme to it and just age them to look older and do that as a boarder around the cake top????

jcaste Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the ideas but I decided to decline the request. I just don't feel comfortable enough to make such a big cake. It's a lot of pressure because it is for a baby shower & many people will be attending. Im a newbie so I don't want to throw myself into such a big commitment. I already did it once & I was not happy with it. Hopefully in a few more months I will be better at this & more confident to take bigger challenges. icon_wink.gif

xstitcher Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 10:35pm
post #4 of 4

I hear you on that. I just declined one too..... Well actually DH declined for me icon_lol.gif but I was totally cool with that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%