Customer Brought Photo Of Cake I've Seen On Here.please Help

Decorating By Misdawn Updated 3 Dec 2008 , 1:09pm by GeminiRJ

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 5

I have a customer who brought me a photo of a cake she wants for her son's birthday. Problem is that the photo is very tiny and very poor quality. I know I have seen this cake on here. Can someone please help me. I would like to contact the original baker to possibly get a better picture and 'permission' to duplicate the design. Every time I do a search, I can't find this cake. Even my customer said she got it off CC.
LL

4 replies
shannon100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon100 Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 5

I just did a search for "batman cake" and it was the first one in the galleries. The search function is weird sometimes. Here's the link. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1291112.html

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 5:34pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much!

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 5:55pm
post #4 of 5

I know that it seems like the responsible thing to do to ask permission from the person who made the cake to replicate something like this...but what about the people who license the Batman character? The person who made this original cake cannot give you permission to sell the likeness of Batman.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 1:09pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakemom777

I know that it seems like the responsible thing to do to ask permission from the person who made the cake to replicate something like this...but what about the people who license the Batman character? The person who made this original cake cannot give you permission to sell the likeness of Batman.

True, but isn't it permissible to use a figurine that you paid for? It looks like the Batman on top of the cake is a purchased item. Using the bat signal may be a whole other story!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%