Omg I Offered To Decorate A Costco Cake!

Decorating By ceshell Updated 1 Jan 2009 , 6:02pm by mom2owen1

Wing-Ding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wing-Ding Posted 18 Dec 2008 , 9:05pm
post #31 of 35

The Elvis figures are so adorable. I wouldn't worry about the cake being from Costco. They'll pay attention to the decorations.

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 30 Dec 2008 , 1:35am
post #32 of 35

Hi

Does anyone know what the recipe is for the Coscto buttercream? That's my favorite and I can't seem to make one that I like. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've tried the Wilton recipe and even the half butter half shortening recipe and still don't like them. I don't want anything fancy, just something that tastes good.

mom2owen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2owen1 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 5:45am
post #33 of 35

I believe the Costco icing would be the same as Sams Club. If so, there is nothing real in their icing. I buy the Sams Club icing in a 28lb bucket. Let me know if you want ingredients; it is a long list.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 5:59am
post #34 of 35

Yeah, Sam's Club buttercream is nothing simple like the stuff we do. I wonder if you'll even be able to buy some of the ingredients. . .

mom2owen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2owen1 Posted 1 Jan 2009 , 6:02pm
post #35 of 35

The Walmart/Sams Club But-R-Creme Icing is:

Sugar, palm oil, sunflower, and hydrogenated cottonseed oils, water, corn startch, mono & diglycerides, titanium dioxide (as color), polysorbate 60, salt, polyglycerol esters of fatty acids, flycerin, propylene glycol, artificial flavor, (D,L) 121707

Contains no major food allergens.

The Allen brand Country White Buttercreme Icing is:

sugar, vegetable shortening (partially hydrogenated soybean and cottonseed oils), mono & diglycerides, polysorbate 60, water, corn syrup, contains less then 2% of: salt, artificial flavor, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (to preserve freshness), guar gum, citric acid

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%