Pillow?

Decorating By jakelib Updated 8 Dec 2008 , 4:16pm by GI

jakelib Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jakelib Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 11:47pm
post #1 of 5

Hi! I'm new to cake decorating, and I've been asked to do a princess cake! I'd like to put a pillow on top of a 1/2 sheet cake. How do I make the pillow? I've never used fondant in my life and I'm freaking out! icon_eek.gif Is there another way I can do this?

Thank you for any advice you can give.

4 replies
GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 5:20am
post #2 of 5

Oh, I just luv the princess cakes! I do those all the time! Well, crowns at least! I have not made a pillow cake icon_cry.gif some day soon!!! Here is the tutorial here on the CC Site of how to make it. Even if you are new to caking, you could probably do it if you take your time!

A pillow cake on top of a sheet cake is a TON of cake! How many people are going to be served? icon_eek.gif

Pillow tutorial:

http://www.cakecentral.com/article66-How-To-Make-A-Pillow-Cake.html

jakelib Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jakelib Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 12:45pm
post #3 of 5

She didn't tell me how many people, just asked for a half sheet cake. I am very interested in these crowns you make. What do you make them out of?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 3:16pm
post #4 of 5

You might want to find out how many servings you actually need. A half sheet is 12" X 18" .

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakelib

She didn't tell me how many people, just asked for a half sheet cake. I am very interested in these crowns you make. What do you make them out of?

1/2 sheet cake is still a ton of cake! The crowns are made out of royal icingl. There is a tutorial for those, too. (I made one, pink cake in my pix). They are cool. Have to be very careful, tho, cuz they break easily.

I would do what Leahs says, tho, and really find out how many people are going to be having cake! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%