White Chocolate...mff Or Ashlees?

Decorating By BlondiezBakery Updated 2 Dec 2008 , 3:09am by BlondiezBakery

BlondiezBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlondiezBakery Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 11:03pm
post #1 of 9

I have seen two recipes for white chocolate fondant on here. One was MFF and the other was Ashlee's at this site: http://ashleescooking.blogspot.com/2008/06/how-to-makecolorcut-fondant.html

I would like to know if there are any preferences out there?

I have NEVER made fondant before (just store bought)...so this will be a new experience all around. icon_smile.gif

8 replies
BlondiezBakery Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 12:57am
post #2 of 9

Does anyone have an opinion on these? I am trying to decide which one would be better to start with.

I am more inclined to lean towards Ashlee's because it has less ingredients.

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 1:21am
post #3 of 9

I swear by MMF. I just made a batch to cover cupcakes for Christmas and instead of water used peppermint extract. It's inexpensive and works really well. My only suggestion is to not add all the powdered sugar that the recipe calls for when you are mixing. I add about half and then dust my surface I am kneading the MMF on. You'll end up using almost the entire amount.

JennaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennaB Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 1:23am
post #4 of 9

I have never used white chocolate fondant but I have been wanting to try it. Thanks for the link to Ashlee's I sound good so I'm going to give it a try this week. I'll let you know how it turns out.

BlondiezBakery Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 1:30am
post #5 of 9

Thanks for the responses. Does anyone know where to buy nonflavored gelatin?

BlondiezBakery Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 1:31am
post #6 of 9

Thanks for the responses. Does anyone know where to buy nonflavored gelatin?

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 1:40am
post #7 of 9

At the grocery store. It's usually with baking goods and by the flavored gelatin.

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 2:17am
post #8 of 9

I just tried out this white chocolate fondant recipe I found. I can't remember where I found it, may have been on here,not sure. Anyway, it is great to work with!! Not sticky or soft, its perfect and most importantly, it tastes awesome!!!!
So here it is:
1 pound white chocolate candy coating
3/4 cup corn syrup
4 pounds powdered sugar
8 tbsp hot water
1 cup glucose
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tbsp whtite crisco
EDITED: I should have clicked on the link first. It's the same recipe. icon_redface.gif Don't I feel stupid! It really is a GREAT recipe for fondant!!!!

BlondiezBakery Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 3:09am
post #9 of 9

Thanks so much! That looks a lot like Ashlee's recipe. I hadn't heard any news on it, so it helps a ton to know that you have worked with it.

Thanks for the feedback.

I think for my first time I am going to try Ashlee's, and then I will give MFF a whirl next time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%