Toxic Customer...hee,hee!

Business By costumeczar Updated 2 Dec 2008 , 6:34pm by diane706

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 9:13pm
post #1 of 7

Can't you just tell when some people aren't going to be worth the trouble? I just got a call from someone who just had that tone in her voice, and who wanted a shaped cake to feed 6 people, told me that one serving is 4"x4", and that she usually went to another baker, but since he's booked she was looking to "create a relationship" with someone else. This could lead to bigger things, she assured me! Other than the fact that she told me she expected a serving to be 4"x4", that the baker who was booked up doesn't use mixes (he does), and that my website wasn't working right (it is) she was totally correct on everything else. Mainly that she didn't want to pay what I quoted her, which was my PITA fee in advance.

I have a feeling that the other baker does have a relationship with her, and because of that, was "booked"when she called! icon_smile.gif I just found it amusing...

6 replies
panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 7

I had one of those and I just came up with a real good excuse not to do it for when she needed it. She never called back. But I did run into her a Costco ordering another cake. Hahahhaha

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 3:31am
post #3 of 7

Oh what fun this one would be as I screw with her mind!!! bwah-ha-ha-haaaaa!!

4x4x4" (assuming a 2-layer cake) = 64 cubic inches of cake. A standard serving is 1x2x4 = 8 cubic inches.

"So since you are requesting a special order of a serving being 8 times that standard, then you will be paying 8 times the per-serving price. My standard price is $3/serving .... so your price will be $24/serving. $24 x 6 servings means your base price will be $144. There is also a Special Order Fee attached of $28 (20% PITA fee), making your grand total $172 for your cake to serve 6. Will that be check or credit card?"

Ah, there are days that I just LUV being a b*tch!! icon_twisted.gif (laughs wildly, rubbing her hands in glee, adjusting her pointy black hat!)

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 3:49am
post #4 of 7

indydebi - YOU CRACK ME UP! Your .02 is always good for a crummy customer!

BTW, it's not being a b*tch, its being assertive with attitude!

Thanks for the laugh.

Toni

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 3:52am
post #5 of 7

Oh I love your mathmatics Debi!!! too funny. I've always found the people that say, you'll get so much business from my party, all my friends will order, blah blah blah, it's just a bunch of hot air and they end up being the most ungrateful people... good thing you didn't take her order

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 4:04am
post #6 of 7

Oh Debi what would we do without you?

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 6:34pm
post #7 of 7

Debi, will you be my best friend??!! icon_lol.gif My dog woke up from her nap when she heard me cracking up from your comment. Too funny! I LOVE CC! It's so nice to know that I'm not alone in thinking that some of these customers are crazy. I sleep better at night!
Oh, BTW Stephanie, we have that same "hot air" here in Colorado (even in the wintertime) icon_wink.gif But thank goodness not everybody is like that and I really DO appreciate the nice ones.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%