I Finally Got A Kitchen Aid Mixer Only To Lose It!

Decorating By Shyanne_Mommy Updated 2 Dec 2008 , 3:24pm by Memie

Shyanne_Mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shyanne_Mommy Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 12

Well after years ( I mean since I was a young girl and using my grandmothers) I purchased one at Costco and got a great deal or Steal you could say regular $270 with $50.00 coupon then $20.00 mail in rebate...I get it home and it is in the kitchen floor I didn't unpack it because I was trying to figure out where I wanted to put it...Only to look see find out this morning I can't keep it because something has come up (emergency) and now I must take it back icon_sad.gif I am heart broken...I hate it because it must be done. I am doing this because I am willing to take away from myself than take away from my husband. I don't want you guys to feel sorry for me. I am more hurt that I am LOSSING the DEAL/STEAL more than anything!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent.

11 replies
uabcjgrad2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uabcjgrad2006 Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 12

I'm so sorry to hear this!! I know you're heart broken. I have a KA (my first) and I love it, so when you do get it you will certainly be in love. Although, you do have to take care of your family first--maybe you'll be blessed by a FANTASTIC STEAL during or just after the holidays!!! My mother bought mine (or I wouldn't have one!!) and she found it on the Home Shopping Network, so check them out and keep your eyes peeled. I'll say a little prayer for you that you'll be able to get it back soon!!!!! (((HUGS))))

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 12

I feel for ya. If I could, I would buy that sucker from you myself. I knocked a bottle of vitamins into mine this weekend while whisking egg whites. Bent up the whisk, and now the motor makes a funny sound. Dang.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 5:28pm
post #4 of 12

Im so sorry.. icon_sad.gif

Shyanne_Mommy Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 5:32pm
post #5 of 12

Thanks ladies...I am just thankful I have the money in savings to cover me until I can get the money back into the bank...but I am not one to take from saving and not put back if I can help it. The Kitchen Aid will be there it is not like they aren't going to stop making them anytime soon...At least I hope not!

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 5:33pm
post #6 of 12

I know how you feel, last year I had to take back my kids christmas presents to buy food for my family who was coming in from out of town for 2 weeks and it was kind of a surprise to me, hard surprise we were really struggling at the time. Worst of all they were already wrapped and under the tree.

UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 5:35pm
post #7 of 12

That's tough. I hope you can get one on sale again in the near future. Hope all is well.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 8:33pm
post #8 of 12

im sorry you had to give up your KA. I wanted to let you know that they sell them on QVC.com and they are usually on easypay, so when you have a little extra money you can make a downpayment and then each month make a payment. I love easypay, no interest, its like putting something on layaway except you get it after the first payment. I know it sucks to let it go after such a great deal, afterall getting a good deal is the best part. Good Luck!

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 8:39pm
post #9 of 12

Also, when you are ready to buy one again, try amazon.com they have (in my opinion) some of the best prices around, specially for the pro 6. Good luck and hope all is well with you and your family (emergency). Hugs to you! icon_smile.gif

whisperingmadcow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whisperingmadcow Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 8:45pm
post #10 of 12

You might also want to try craigslist. They have used ones there some times.

Shyanne_Mommy Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 3:02pm
post #11 of 12

Well I got to KEEP IT after all!!! I am so Happy!!!! My Husband the Sweet Heart he is did as I told him not to and called my step mom and she told him that she would buy it for me as my birthday/Christmas present since she didn't get me anything for my birthday yet! So I am keeping it and I used it last night I am in Heaven!!!

Thanks for all the support epecially to Ladyellam, she offered to give me one that she got a total steal off of Amazon.

You guys are great and thanks again!!!

Autumn

Memie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Memie Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 3:24pm
post #12 of 12

!!Yay!!Yay!!Yay!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%