Fondant Slippage/tearing On Vertical Surfaces??

Decorating By lsienna Updated 1 Dec 2008 , 8:35am by ceshell

lsienna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsienna Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 1:57am
post #1 of 3

Hello,

I have a 3D golf bag which will stand upright and I was wondering if anyone could advise me on how best to cover the thing with fondant without the sides slipping down or tearing while it sits or during transport. I have heard that this could happen on large vertical surfaces. I believe some people use modeling chocolate first to cover the cake then use fondant on top of that which I guess helps to provide more friction for the fondant to hold on to.

Anyone have any experience on how to best handle this situation? If the modeling chocolate is the way to go, how do I best adhere the chocolate to the cake and what to use to adhere the fondant to the chocolate?

Thank you so much,

Lsienna

2 replies
ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 3:06am
post #2 of 3

My best experience has been to lay the bag out first and let it dry well before standing it upright, your handle and threading should hide any laying lines.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 8:35am
post #3 of 3

Hi Lsienna! There are more answers to this question on the thread you started here a few days ago http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-611143.html

--> you may not have noticed you received responses to your other thread, since CC is currently not sending email notifications of posts icon_sad.gif...sorry, it's frustrating I know!! Even more frustrating, you might not notice THIS response either! icon_rolleyes.gif Hang tight, it'll get better around here soon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%