Need Help Please For Wedding Cake

Decorating By sannie5210 Updated 1 Dec 2008 , 10:03am by sannie5210

sannie5210 Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 8

hello, im new here and i hope im in the right section

im not a profi in make a cake, but next may im getting married and as i have looked around for a nice wedding cake in my area (south wales) i was not happy.

also i have said i would try to make my own wedding cake (no fruit cake)

now is my problem starting:

i got not an idea what i can do couple of days before and how i can do a very good decoration for this cake.

i will be so happy for any help

many thanks in advance

ps:sorry for my bad english writing

7 replies
cakelady31 Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 8

Hi , now if your not that experienced in cake making , and I am not sure what you have in mind but how about making a few round layer cakes, iced in a buttercream frosting and just simply decorated by placing fresh flowers on top of the cakes. You could place the cakes on different height stands on a table. Very elegant and easy. no stacking of cakes and very easy to set up. you will have enough to do preparing for your wedding. These cakes can be made a few days in advance also. Hope this helps !

Carol

tonedna Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 8

I have some tutorials in cake decorating that might help. At least the nasic one on how to ice a cake..
here is the link

Wish you best of luck..you came to the right place..CC is a great forum with lots of people with knowledge!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

lainalee Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 10:14pm
post #4 of 8

You have alot of time to practice. Weddings are usually very hectic the last week or so beforehand. If it was me, I would make them ahead and freeze, then just thaw and decorate as cakelady suggested. I just went through the wedding with my own daughter, and so much comes up at the last minute. Not trying to scare you, but this should be a time ful of memories for you, so do as much ahead as you can. JMHO and congratulations on the upcoming nuptuals.

sannie5210 Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 10:19pm
post #5 of 8

many many thanks for the quick answers icon_biggrin.gif

yes i think that i will go for three different stands

and as you said Edna :CC is the best forum i ever found

cakelady31 Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 10:41pm
post #6 of 8

Oh , you're very welcome, glad I could help! Best of luck to you and congrats too!

Carol icon_biggrin.gif

Bunsen Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 11:10pm
post #7 of 8

I made my own wedding cake (its the one with the pink tulips in my photos) and would definitely recommend doing as much in advance as you can - the last few days before the big day are hectic enough! Fruit cake is definitely the least stressful cake to make as you can make and ice it weeks in advance - did you say no fruit cake because you don't like it or because you think it's hard to make? Otherwise chocolate mud lasts well and can be frozen, cover with ganache as it lasts longer than buttercream (the other wedding cake in my photos is covered with ganache so you can see the look of it)
Also if you have time have a practice run - so you can iron out any problems in advance and make sure it tastes good - the taste is the thing people will remember!
Good luck!

sannie5210 Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 10:03am
post #8 of 8

thanks to all and im so happy that i have found this forum icon_biggrin.gif

@Bunsen, yes i said no fruit cake because i dont like the taste, but i think i will make one for the guests and two other ones like sponge or chocolate

and i know that it will be stressful, but as you all said, i got a bit time to become practice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%