Did You See The Cake On The Real Housewives Of Atlanta?

Decorating By mom2spunkynbug Updated 4 Dec 2008 , 6:06pm by hilly

mom2spunkynbug Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 6

I was wondering if anyone watches the Real Housewives of Atlanta - well, I know the show is over now. But Kim had a birthday party for her daughter, and spent like $10k? Did you see the cake that her dd had? It was a GORGEOUS cake. But they had to dip the knife in hot water in order to cut the cake icon_confused.gif I'm wondering if the outside was mostly gumpaste?? And then when Kim ate the cake, she was like this is the worst cake I ever had I'm wondering if she just wasn't used to fondant? Or if it really was disgusting? I think she said she had it shipped in from California or something icon_confused.gif

Anyone else see this?

5 replies
SaraO Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 3:39am
post #2 of 6

I saw it. It looked like fondant to me. I think she just didn't like fondant and wasn't expecting it. She was in a bad mood anyway so probably anything small would have set her off. Also, to me, it looked like they didn't have to dip the knife in hot water, they just wanted to and she didn't like that.

KKC Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 4:25am
post #3 of 6

I also saw it...it was a pretty cake and i have to agree with previous post she was in a bad mood and I think it was because she wasn't happy with the party planner..

mom2spunkynbug Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 6

I'm glad someone else saw it!

Yeah, I didn't get the whole knife in the water thing. Then she kept saying they were dipping it in dirty water, lol - I think that was just from the knife just being in the cake, right?! And then she kept saying "What are these hard round things? Are these edible?" icon_lol.gif

I first thought that that little chocolate round cake was the girl's birthday cake! Everyone loved that!

mbh724 Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 6

I think Kim never had fondant before and wasn't prepared for the taste. They were making a big deal of the filthy water but it was just cloudy from the knife being dipped repeatedly. I don't think it was dirty at all.

hilly Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 6:06pm
post #6 of 6

I didn't see it, does anyone have a pic?

Quote by @%username% on %date%