Can A Wasc Be A Casc?

Decorating By Honeychild Updated 1 Dec 2008 , 3:31am by Honeychild

Honeychild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeychild Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, has anyone ever tried making the WASC cake using chocolate cake mix instead of white? Could you substitute any kind of cake mix in this recipe? Thanks.

5 replies
bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 6

I've used the chocolate and just use 6 whole eggs instead of 8 whites. Yes, I'd think you could use any kind of cake.

Good Luck!

Beth in KY

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 6

I know somewhere on one of these posts (and believe me I can't find it for all the searching I've done), that you can use WASC with a chocolate duncan hines mix, alter the ingredients some, like using 6 eggs instead of egg whites, add some cocoa in place of some flour, etc. When I made it, it turned out really good. I just can't find the recipe again. Hopefully someone else will have it.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 10:34pm
post #4 of 6

Everything you ever wanted to know about making your 1st tiered/stacked/layer cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

The above super thread has the expanded flavors and original version of the WASC cake recipe as well as an additional chocolate version - and so much more.

HTH

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 1:04am
post #5 of 6

The *original* WASC recipes can be used with *any* cake flavor. Flavoring can be changes to personal tastes.
Check out my recipe....you'll find it easy to work with and delicious.

Honeychild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeychild Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 3:31am
post #6 of 6

This information is fantastic, thanks to everyone for responding. Can't wait to try these recipes. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%