Disaster Averted

Decorating By jillmakescakes Updated 5 Dec 2008 , 1:48am by jillmakescakes

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 7

Ok, so I turn on my computer after the holidays and notice something on my calendar............I have a cake due today icon_eek.gif (did I mention it is 9:30 am and its a football helmet cake?)

I have never done a helmet cake, but I had planned it out. I had also forgotten to make the facemask.

While I was able to get it done, I wish it looked better.
Here was the result:
LL

6 replies
cakemaker61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemaker61 Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 7

Well, looks perfect to me......great job! I forgot to do a wedding cake at the last minute once......had a full day though, so it was fine.

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 7

Looks great for such short notice. I'm impressed. Hope it doesn't happen to me though...

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 3:45am
post #4 of 7

I can't believe you pulled that off so quickly! What kind of pan do you use to make a helmet cake?

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 4:29pm
post #5 of 7

Thank goodness you were able to pull it off (and quite wonderfully too).

Yeah, I've "spaced" on a cake too. I now am obsessive and check my calendar several times a day, and go through my order sheets just to make sure I haven't forgotten to put a cake on the board!

What's worse is when you put a cake on the board and they never really ordered it...LOL! This happened a few weeks ago to me and never has happened before due to my booking policy. The bride came to a sampling at a venue where I am the person who does all their cakes so, I put it on the board. 2 weeks before I realized I hadn't received any true order info except they wanted a cupcake tower, and they never reconfirmed with a booking fee or flavor choices. So I called to find out why, and they said that a family member was doing the cake...well guess what, the venue didn't let the family member bring in the cake (it states clearly in the venue's policies that they only allow cakes from my company for their events). So she had no cake at her reception, the caterer told me they took the cake to a park up the street to serve it. CRAZY!

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 4 Dec 2008 , 3:24pm
post #6 of 7

Omg! I've had this happen too!! You did a great job! Nice save!

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 1:48am
post #7 of 7

Thanks- I used a 6x3 round with a 1/2 sportsball pan on top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%