Hi everyone! There was a November throwdown between myself and another CC'er, but the other participant had a family emergency and was unable to participate. Would anyone else care to take the challenge? We had decided on a 'winter' themed cake. It could be a holiday (thanksgiving, christmas, hannukah or new years) or just be wintery. The goal of this TD was to try a topsy turvy method that you had not done before.
These were the the rules we had agreed to:
Here are the rules:
1. Any member may challenge another CC member to a TD. The TD will all begin and end on the specified dates so all pictures of completed cakes can be uploaded for judging at the same time. This will make it easy for all CC members to judge each TD photo, and, all winners can be announced at the same time.
2. Throw Downs will begin on the 1st day of every month. They will end in exactly 3 weeks from the start date, at which time your pictures will be sent to the person designated to upload them for you and your challenger. You will have until 3:00 pm CST on that date to get your pictures sent to the designated picture poster of your particular TD.
3. You may submit up to 3 photos for judging.
4. Fondant, Gumpaste, Sugarpaste and/or Buttercream, you pick your mediums to decorate your cake with. TD challengers may use any decorating medium combinations they wish as long as it is edible.
5. Loser is the poster of the new throwdowns. This means the loser of a TD will upload pictures for the subsequent judging.
6. No Sheet cakes allowed.
7. Throwdowners should be as equal in decorating skills as possible. If you are a TD winner please try to be fair and choose a member with "equal to or greater than" decorating skills you possess.
8. No plastic, metal or other non-edible purchased Toys on cake of any kind. Everything must be edible with exception of the cake board and supports.
Competitors may use wires,straws, and dowels for supports. These supports should be hidden in the cake and not visible by viewing the cake.
9. The 2 TD Challengers will choose the theme of cake to be designed.
10. "Any non-winning CC member may only participate in a Throw Down 1 time in a 12 month period." "Only the current winner of a Throw Down will continue on" Once this winner loses he/she must wait 12 months before participating in another TD".
11. "Everything on the cake, including the cake, has to be crafted and decorated entirely by the cc member participating in the TD". No help from anyone else. Exceptions; You may have help with the cutting of cake boards or structual support.
12. Only 2 members may compete in any particular Throw Down. However, many Throw Downs can be going on at one time. A TD isn't a TD if there are more than 2 competing a TD.
13. Any shape pan for bottom layer but can NOT be larger than 12".
14. Cakes are to be no more than 3 tiers.
15. Cakes must be real....no dummies, cake dummies that is
If you'd like to throwdown with me (please ) I'd love the challenge!
I've only done a topsy-turvy in fake form and I really want to make one out of cake. I'd pee my pants if I had to go against you though since I'm not at your skill level. I'm too busy right now with DH's crazy dessert list for the holidays for his business clients.
I'll bump this up for you and hopefully you will get a taker.