Need To Use Up Buttermilk

Decorating By __Jamie__ Updated 1 Dec 2008 , 1:50am by mixinvixen

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 2:10am
post #1 of 6

So I have a few cups of buttermilk left over from a spice cake I made. Making several cakes tomorrow for a big tiered snowflake creation. I want to stick to a white cake, (been making too much spice cake!) but want to use up this buttermilk. Any ideas? Thanks in advance guys!

5 replies
Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 2:24am
post #2 of 6

Make some buttermilk pancakes for breakfast tomorrow! Yum! or some biscuits to go with dinner... or you could just freeze it for the next time you need buttermilk. I'd probably go with the pancakes and throw in some chocolate chips or blueberries icon_smile.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 2:28am
post #3 of 6

There's an awesome buttermilk white cake in the recipe section here on CC!

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6865-34-Buttermilk-White-Cake.html

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 2:36am
post #4 of 6

Oh thank you thank you thank you for that link...perfect, and I have everything in the pantry! Woohoo! No trip to the store for me! icon_biggrin.gif And maybe some pancakes in the morning...hee hee.

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 1:06am
post #5 of 6

This won't use tons of your buttermilk, but it's one of my absolute favorite cookies!

Chewy Sugar Cookies

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, stir 2 3/4 cups flour, 1 t. baking soda and 1/2 t. baking powder. Set aside. Cream 2 sticks softened salted butter (no substitutions) and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Beat until fluffy. Add 1 egg and 1 t. vanilla. Beat well. Add dry ingredients and blend until mixed. Add 3-4 T. of buttermilk to make a soft, but not wet, dough. Scoop dough into balls. Dip tops of balls in buttermilk, then roll in raw sugar (raw sugar can be found in 2 pound boxes in the baking isle). Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. These cookies spread, so don't place too close together. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 1:50am
post #6 of 6

DRINK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i swear, i'd rather have a tall glass of that instead of any other drink on this planet!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%