Cake Balls

Decorating By atschnet Updated 30 Nov 2008 , 12:14am by JenniferMI

atschnet Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 3

Ok so i made cake balls for the first time last night. They tasted great but they were not pretty. Does anyone have any tips on how to make them pretty? I'm wanting to sell these at my booth this weekend at our towns Christmas festival but there is NO WAY im selling anything that looks bad.

2 replies
baycheeks1 Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 12:14am
post #2 of 3

I dont know what you use to cover them, but I use almond bark, chocolate and vanilla. Make sure that your cake balls are solid like you know, I freeze mine for about 15 to 20 min, thay way they dont fall apart. Anyhow, the way I do it is to use a heavier plastic fork with the two prongs in the middle broken off and a mixing spatula. Drop the ball in the coating, use the spatula to kind of flip the ball over to make sure it's covered. Then with the fork scoop up the call, try not to stick the ball with the ball. Use a knife or another fork to push it off onto parchment paper. Coating should dry within a few minutes.

JenniferMI Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 12:14am
post #3 of 3

Mine turn out really pretty. I use a swirl type dipping stick to dip them into the choc., then when hard, drizzle choc. over the top. Easy and they look sooo nice.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%