Using Confectioners Glaze.

Decorating By Price Updated 30 Nov 2008 , 12:58am by Price

Price Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 3

I am currently working on a cake for next Friday. I have covered the cake board in blue fondant and want the board to represent ice. I have a small bottle of confectioners glaze but have never used it before. Can I dilute the glaze with a little everclear and brush it onto the fondant to give it shine? If so, how long does it take it to dry? Does it dry hard or sticky?

Thanks for your help!

Jean

2 replies
superstar Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 11:57pm
post #2 of 3

You can use it undiluted to give a strong shine or dilute it with confectioners glaze thinners, I have never used everclear so I don't know if it would work. Use it diluted on leaves for a shine & a stronger solution was used on the floor of my graduate girl in my photo's. It works very well. I think you could also use piping gel. Confectioners glaze dries very quickly, the piping gel will take a little longer.

Price Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 12:58am
post #3 of 3

Thanks! I don't have any of the thinner, so tomorrow I'll try mixing a little of the glaze with a little everclear and try it on a scrap piece of fondant to see what happens. I've used piping gel before, but it does take awhile to dry. Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%