Baseball Cake For Baby's First Birthday

Decorating By Baking_Booth Updated 8 Dec 2008 , 12:19am by lindambc

Baking_Booth Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 11:02pm
post #1 of 4

My sister wants me to make a 3-D baseball cake for nephew's smash cake. The only pans I've found are way to big or way to small. Any ideas? I thought about baking it in a mixing bowl and I've read a few things on here about that but I'm not sure about making round? How do I put the two halves together and make it supported? Obviously it won't be perfectly round, I'll have to cut some off the bottom so it'll sit right. I've found a bunch of pics on here, tried to PM a few but no responses yet. Any help would be appreciated!!!!
Thanks! You all are awesome!

3 replies
terrier Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 4

Take a look at the baseball mit and ball in this site. It just looks like a small round pan for the mit and a cupcake top for the's cute.

Sorry I could not be more help. Oh Oh you got just put two cupcake tops together.

Baking_Booth Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 12:06am
post #3 of 4

I made it in a mixing bowl. It didn't come out exactly like I wanted but I ended up being so rushed it didn't matter. Thanks for the help!!!

lindambc Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 12:19am
post #4 of 4

What about the sports ball pan from Wilton? I have made a golf ball cake and I think it would be a good size for a smash cake. You could even make one half.

Quote by @%username% on %date%