Please Help Urgent!!! Fondant Didn't Ship

Decorating By Lenette Updated 29 Nov 2008 , 5:32am by xstitcher

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 16

I ordered fondant earlier this week to arrive today due to the holiday. Well, FedEx has no record of it shipping and there is no charge to my account so -no fondant.

THE WEDDING IS TOMORROW!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Needless to say I am in a panic.

I have made Michele Foster's fondant before and it worked okay. Is there a way to add white chocolate to it without ruining it? Any recipes for white chocolate fondant?

This is one of my last two weddings of the year and I just want to be done and now this. If you can help I would appreciate it. TIA and please pray for me to get through these cakes.

15 replies
mw902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mw902 Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 16

Wow, I am so sorry this happened to you! I only use MMF so I dont reall yhave any suggestions but just wanted to say I am sending you good cake vibes!!! Good luck!

SaraClassic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraClassic Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 11:09pm
post #3 of 16

Ditto on the mmf, but best of luck!! Try a small bit with the wht choc add in, Id think it would be like choc clay and work fine. Do you have another cake deco buddy to come over and "party" making cakes??
Let us know when you get it working!

Lenette Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 12:42am
post #4 of 16

Thank you for sending me good thoughts, I need 'em!

So far my two ideas are to melt the white chocolate in place of the butter in the recipe or make candy clay and knead that into the vanilla fondant. I am thinking maybe reduce the sugar (?) since white chocolate is already sweet.

I don't know...

I was already feeling kind of burnt, you know just ready to be done, not feeling it and now this. I need all the prayers and good wishes I can get. It's gonna be a long night...

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 1:01am
post #5 of 16

I vote for using MMF. It is pretty easy to work with (especially in cooler weather) and extremely inexpensive to make.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 1:17am
post #6 of 16

I just looked through several recipes. It seems like you're on target with the making of candy clay/modeling chocolate then kneading it into your rolled fondant.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2muchsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2muchsugar Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 1:27am
post #8 of 16

In Michele Foster's cookbook, "Sugar Fix" she has a recipe for white chocolate fondant that is exactly like the vanilla fondant recipe except for the addition of 1/2 cup white chocolate pieces. You add it with the rest of the ingredients after you dissolve the gelatin. I've tried it and like it even better that the plain fondant.

Good luck!

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 1:32am
post #9 of 16

Lenette,
How did the wedding go?
What did you make for the fondant?

-Debbie B.

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 1:39am
post #10 of 16

I have her book and for the white chocolate fondant you add 1/2 cup white chocolate pieces.

HTH

Judi

Baking_Booth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking_Booth Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 1:40am
post #11 of 16

Michelle Foster's is the best! I'm a novice at all of this stuff but even I had an easy time making and using that!

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 1:51am
post #12 of 16

Sending a bump to you for more good cake thoughts.

Lenette Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 4:33am
post #13 of 16

Just want to thank you all for your posts and PM's! It is a blessing to have the resources here.

I just finished the fondant, so far so good!

Now, I am making the SMBC and hoping to get to bed by 2AM.

Thanks again to you all! icon_smile.gif

terrier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrier Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 4:57am
post #14 of 16

Ingredients:

1 lb. candy coating white chocolate

3/4 c. corn syrup

4 lbs. powdered sugar

8 tbsp. hot water

1 c. glucose (you can get this at cake/candy supply stores)

2 tsp. vanilla

1/2 tsp. salt

4 tbsp. white shortening

Step 1: Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave or over a double boiler, stir in the corn syrup, set aside so it cools. It should form a pasty dough.

Step 2: Put powdered sugar in the bowl of a mixer, make a well in the centre. Set Aside.

Step 3: Mix water, glucose, vanilla, salt, and shortening together in a saucepan. Heat until shortening is almost melted.

Step 4: Pour into the well of powdered sugar, use dough hook and mix until incorporated, about 4 minutes. Add white chocolate mixture to mixing bowl a tablespoon full at a time, until incorporated.

Step 5: When mixture is too hard to mix, take it out and turn on a powder sugar dusted surface, knead in the remaining powdered sugar.
Wrap very tightly in plastic wrap, then place in a ziplock bag. It will get somewhat hard, but kneading it will loosen it up. Use within a month.

To colour fondant:

Use a toothpick and smear some gel color into the fondant, knead until well incorporated

Good Luck!

mw902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mw902 Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 5:11am
post #15 of 16

Lenette, you hanging in there??

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 5:32am
post #16 of 16

Good luck and keep us posted.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%