Tiered Cream Cheese Pound Anniversary Cake

Decorating By jackmo Updated 29 Nov 2008 , 2:05am by jackmo

jackmo Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 8

Hi, my cousin wants a cream cheese pound cake for her 50th wedding anniversary. It will be a decorated tiered 12,9,6 cake. pound cakes are usually dense . How can i make this recipe more chiffon like? Thanks

7 replies
leah_s Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 12:07am
post #2 of 8

Well, if your cousin wants pound cake, why don't you just give him/her pound cake?

You don't make pound cake into chiffon cake. If you want chiffon cake, then make that. They are two extremely different processes.

dezzib27 Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 12:19am
post #3 of 8

I recently made a pound cake for a party, I thought i wouldnt like it, but it was really good. I made cream cheese filling, and the recipe was called 5 flavor pound cake, you just use 5-7 different flavorings and it comes out extremely good! Let me know if you want the recipe.

all4cake Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 12:21am
post #4 of 8

God bless! 50th wedding anniversary? I'd say let her have whatever she wants and make it the best dang cake ever...they deserve it!

jackmo Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 1:15am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

Well, if your cousin wants pound cake, why don't you just give him/her pound cake?

You don't make pound cake into chiffon cake. If you want chiffon cake, then make that. They are two extremely different processes.

Let me explain myself. Since a pound cake is very dense/heavy, i was wanting to make the cake lighter like adding baking powder.. She likes the taste. My worry is the guests. So , you are saying this will be fine for a wedding cake ? I haven't tried a pound cake for a tiered cake.

jackmo Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 1:18am
post #6 of 8

thanks for all your encouragement, dezzib27 will you please send me your reipe? My email addy is harvest5verizon.net. thanks!

leah_s Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 2:00am
post #7 of 8

pound cake is lovely for wedding/anniversary cake.

jackmo Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 2:05am
post #8 of 8

thanks leah!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%