16" Round

Decorating By sweetcakes Updated 30 Nov 2008 , 6:47pm by 1234me

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 9:01pm
post #1 of 6

i jsut realized that this pan doesn;t fit my oven. Do they make it in halfs?? also how often have you baked a 16" round or larger? does anyone own a regular kitchen oven that will fit this pan?

5 replies
SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 6
sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 1:35pm
post #3 of 6

I bought a 16" round without measuring first icon_redface.gif . I just turned it every 15 minutes or so to get it to bake even. It actually baked pretty decent. My sister also suggested I use tin foil or something to prop up the front so it sits even. If you haven't used it yet, try to return it and buy the halves. But, with a little creativity it can work. Good luck and let me know if you come up with any other ideas icon_smile.gif .

cjshoemake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjshoemake Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 2:01pm
post #4 of 6

I just baked a 16 inch this past weekend for a wedding cake and it fit in my oven. I have a regular GE smooth top range in my home. I would not be able to bake anything larger though. It cooked fairly quickly. I placed the flower nail in the middle of it and it came out even and beautiful. The bride was happy!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 2:07pm
post #5 of 6

My experience w/half rounds has not been good.
They don't actually come out 'round' but more ovalicon_sad.gif
I've had 16" & 18" rounds and both resulted in the slightly oval shape. You end up having to bake another cake & cut a 1" strip to make the cake round.

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 6:47pm
post #6 of 6

At home, my double oven is made by Whirlpool and I have used a 16 inch pan in it but nothing larger would fit. I now bake my cakes in a licensed kitchen and those ovens hold ANYTHING!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%