So............ I Started Making Diaper Cakes!!!

Lounge By IloveEmmaCakes Updated 29 Nov 2008 , 2:45am by IloveEmmaCakes

IloveEmmaCakes Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 5

I've been making cakes for a while now & a lady emailed me last week & asked if I could make her a diaper cake.

my response "sure". lol I've never tried it before but I got online & asked my best friend Sarah to help me. (she's made one before).

I made one & it turned out great!! The lady was hosting a baby shower for her friend who was having a little boy.
She wanted a sports theme.

She said she was on a budget & could only spend $30 on the cake so I said "no problem, I'll see what I can do".

I went to wal mart and target and got all of the supplies.. The total was $32.58 not including the diapers..

So I didn't make a profit what so ever, but I got to FINALLY make a diaper cake & now I'm going to start making these along with my real cakes..
I'm getting ready to make a website for my diaper cakes and post pictures..

So if anybody out there on CC needs a diaper cake I can custom make one and Also ship it to ya!
You can email me @ [email protected]

I'll attach the pictures of the 1st one that I sold today!

BTW-- the customer LOVED it!
icon_lol.gif
LL
LL
LL

4 replies
GI Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 5

Cute! What did you use for your center "post"?

IloveEmmaCakes Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 12:31am
post #3 of 5

Well On the bottom tier I just used a diaper.. On the top tier I used a burp Cloth.. (I had bought 4 in a pack so I figured I might as well use them) icon_biggrin.gif

But I did use wooden Dowels (sp?).. just like I would a normal cake so that the top wouldn't slide off the bottom!

GI Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 1:12am
post #4 of 5

Very cute indeed! I've looked at diaper cake constructions before, wondering if I could make a "diaper cake" cake...you know...to eat, heh heh. I've seen a center with a bottle of bubble bath or sparkling cider. Your's is very cute.

They can get spending, tho. So I can see where you didn't make anything on it. I think your idea was cute enough. icon_smile.gif

IloveEmmaCakes Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 2:45am
post #5 of 5

Thank you. Yeah I've seen SO many cute things go into the centers of these.. Bottles, onsies, bubble bath, little toys, all sorts of things.. I'm hoping to get some more orders for some soon so I can use all my creative ideas I have coming to me.. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%