Baby Bootie Template/pattern?

Decorating By VS8894 Updated 19 May 2009 , 5:44pm by stephaniescakenj

VS8894 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VS8894 Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 13

Could someone point me in the direction on finding a pattern for baby booties/shoes? I have done searches, but can't seem to find them.

Thanks in advance!

Vicki

12 replies
stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 13

I just made booties using a template that stellastarchild created. It was so easy and they came out really cute. I'm trying to attach the template to this post but it's not letting me so I'll try and pm you. I found it under templates in the gallery but I can't remember on what page.

stephaniescakenj Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 13

here's the template and a pic of the finished product...

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 9:29pm
post #4 of 13

There is a baby bootie pattern posted by JaneK that I reduced in size and made on a shower cake. I dont know how to insert the link but if you search under "sketches/patterns you will find it under baby shoe pattern. (http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_73298.html)

It's a great template to use.

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 9:34pm
post #5 of 13

Here it is.
LL
LL

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VS8894 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VS8894 Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 2:58am
post #7 of 13

Thank you so much. I wasn't able to print out the booties from the webshots, but I did get the other.

Thanks again,

Vicki

Choco68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Choco68 Posted 19 May 2009 , 4:11pm
post #8 of 13

I hope someone can help me! I need to make a baby shower cake for this weekend and i'd love to do the converse booties using stellarschild's template - i've got the template but can someone tell me if i just use normal fondant or flower paste or a combo of both - and if there is a 'how to do it' instruction sheet anywhere?!

Thanks a mil!

D icon_sad.gif

stephaniescakenj Posted 19 May 2009 , 4:18pm
post #9 of 13

I would use gumpaste or fondant with tylose so it dries really hard.

Choco68 Posted 19 May 2009 , 5:02pm
post #10 of 13

Thanks Stephanie

Would you know how do i actually put it together?

Thanks a mil

D

stephaniescakenj Posted 19 May 2009 , 5:16pm
post #11 of 13

I just looked at the picture and pieced it together, i'm going to try and attach the picture here. She numbered each piece so hopefully this make sense. if not, just let me know and I'll try and walk you through it.

Choco68 Posted 19 May 2009 , 5:23pm
post #12 of 13

Thanks so much Stephanie - i guess i just follow the numbers
For the piece # 1, 2 and 12 are these 3 pieces or just one piece

I live in London UK and i looked up Tylose - would it be same to use 50/50 fondant and flower paste?

Sorry to keep bombarding you with soo many questions! Im trying to understand how to do it all

Thanks a mil

icon_smile.gif

stephaniescakenj Posted 19 May 2009 , 5:44pm
post #13 of 13

No not a problem. I would imagine flower paste is similar to gumpaste so I think you should be able to do 50/50. Maybe make them a few days early just in case they don't dry in time or something goes wrong, that way you have time for a backup plan.
for #1 & #2, you need to cut out two of that shape. one for each side. I think I started with the bottom #5, then attached the tongue #3, and then the two sides, then #4 in the front and finally started adding all the details. You can see in the picture too, you need to roll your paste on the thicker side and I stuffed some tissues inside til it was set up too. I used gum glue to attach all the pieces together too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%