Sunflower Sugar Art Petunia Mold-Help Please!

Decorating By Lenore Updated 28 Nov 2008 , 6:35pm by Lenore

Lenore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenore Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 3

I bought the sunflower sugar art petunia mold and found that the directions provided are not detailed enough for me. Could anyone that uses this frequently give me some advice. At this point any advice would help. I feel like I just wasted $42!! icon_cry.gif

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 3

Can you tell us what exactly is happening? Sticking? Shaping issues?

Lenore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenore Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 6:35pm
post #3 of 3

Hi leahs! Thanks for the quick response. First off, the flowers (using wilton GP) were tearing in the mold. I found that if I first cup the center, place flower in the mold, and then push the center down into the mold before putting the top on helps some... but does not always work. I also started to roll the GP thicker (setting 2 on KA pasta roller) and that seemed to help too. The flowers do move often in the mold too so the seams in the petals are not always where they should be. At this point it is just a hit or miss project so I seem to be wasting much time and GP. Last I really do not like the look of the center they describe to use and was playing around trying to find something better but am having trouble coming up with anything that looks as good as the petals do. Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%