Suggestions Needed Asap!!!! Help!!!!

Decorating By robinscakes Updated 29 Nov 2008 , 3:55am by cakebaker1978

robinscakes Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 7

I have been asked to do a demo at a craft show this weekend. My bakery gets free promotion for it, and it's good PR. I did it last year and demo'd different designs for Christmas cupcakes and my boss did pie dough. I don't know what to do this year. One bakery is doing Christmas cookies (pretty general) and another is doing gingerbread houses. I'm in the middle of a HUGE gingerbread house for a contest and I have no interest in doing another. I could do Christmas cookies, too, I guess, but I was wondering if anyone out there had another idea for me. We will have no oven/sink/stove available and it's only 30 minutes so it has to be pretty basic.

Thanks in advance!

6 replies
tye Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 2:39pm
post #2 of 7

what about cake balls, truffles, or petit fours (sp) all holiday decorated...

grama_j Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 7

How about some of the basic fondant figures like the videos that Lorainne puts out for us ?

goodiegoddess Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 2:45pm
post #4 of 7

What about chocolate covered OREO's with a nice design made out of chocolate like the ones I have seen on CC??

julzs71 Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 2:59pm
post #5 of 7

What about the bakerella cookie pops? Very easy to do.

Cookie45 Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 3:33am
post #6 of 7

I did a cooking last April showcasing Marshmallow fondant. You could melt the marshmallows on a portable stove top...or just bring it already made and show how to knead, color, apply to cookies, make flowers or mold the fondant. All can be done ahead of time and you can kill the entire 30 minutes discussing how to make it and what can be done with it? That's all I've got. God bless!!

cakebaker1978 Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 3:55am
post #7 of 7

Oh my! Do these! Do these! I love these Christmas mice! I bet they would attract a crowd!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1169525

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%