Please Anyone, I Need Some Help Making This

Decorating By wendy1273 Updated 28 Nov 2008 , 5:44pm by wendy1273

wendy1273 Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 7:19am
post #1 of 5

I have to make this cake for Saturday and I've done a few pillows but never stack like this, I'm afraid that the corners will fall down when I stack them up. There are so many beautiful ones here so anyone that have done anything like this please help.

Thank you

4 replies
mcdonald Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 1:25pm
post #2 of 5

well I have never made a pillow cake before but I know that your cake needs to be a sturdy one.... pound cake or something like that. From the picture it looks like the corners are not as "defined" as the bottom layer so maybe don't bring those layers to such a point as the bottom one is.... just my thoughts and ideas.....

Good luck!!! Post pictures when done!!

grama_j Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 5

I haven't made one that looks like these, but to me, they look like two 2" high square cakes stacked with the sides shaved off to get that "diamond" look....... I hope someone else has the answer....Post the "final" .....

msulli10 Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 1:44pm
post #4 of 5

Why don't you send a pm or email to one of these CC folks who have done this before?

wendy1273 Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 5:44pm
post #5 of 5

I did PM Maywest, she made the first one and she answer me, Thank you Maywest, I just had a couple more questions and when I asked her again CC went down and she hasn't answer me yet.

Thank you all for your suggestions

Quote by @%username% on %date%