Any Black Friday Shoppers Here?

Lounge By michellenj Updated 28 Nov 2008 , 10:15pm by michellenj

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 11

I need to get a paper and come up with a game plan. What do you plan to do? Any hot deals I should know about? My stores open at 4 and 5AM, which is a little ridiculous, but if it is REALLY worth getting up at 3 AM I will force myself out of bed.

I'm sooo happy! I just ordered my kids a Wii and got it for $249. Woo hoo!

10 replies
KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 9:44am
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

I need to get a paper and come up with a game plan. What do you plan to do? Any hot deals I should know about? My stores open at 4 and 5AM, which is a little ridiculous, but if it is REALLY worth getting up at 3 AM I will force myself out of bed.

I'm sooo happy! I just ordered my kids a Wii and got it for $249. Woo hoo!

What are the regular prices for the Wii's in your area...here in Miami the Wii's are regularly priced at $249...thats how much i paid for mine a few months ago. What I do is write a list of the stores i want to go in order. I know that Walmart, Best Buy and Brandsmart have some good sales. Some of the Wii games are on sale at Target...i think its buy 2 get one free. Good luck and happy shopping!!!

michellenj Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 11

Wii's usually can't be found for less than $349 here. They put together these packages with accessories and games my kids don't need.

I got to JCPenney's at 3:57 AM and people were already leaving with huge bags of stuff!

Macy's had a 2 carat diamond tennis bracelet for $99 and down coats were very cheap. No great bargains there.

The Disney Store had an extra 20% off everything until 10 AM (I think).

Michael's was kind of full and hard to navigate with all the things that they have in the aisles.

Target was a MESS! People were nasty, and you had to fight your way in to the toy and electronics section. It was worth the fight though. I got 2 Air Hogs RC indoor helicopters for $15 each, Leapster games are $15 each, a ton of CDs are 2 for $14, and a Little Tykes Digital Camera for $20. The lines were out the wazoo.

I have my brother and SIL to shop for, and I'm done!

KKC Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

Wii's usually can't be found for less than $349 here. They put together these packages with accessories and games my kids don't need.

Wow, $349 icon_eek.gif Thats crazy...I just came from Best Buy, Walmart, Target & BJ's and walked out with nothing thanks to dh. I hate shopping with men and no one else wants to go with me and i don't like going by myself. So...i guess i'll just order online!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 5:22pm
post #5 of 11

Hopefully nobody runs into anything as asinine as this. http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/bbdp/wal-mart-worker-trampled-to-death/262342

Mike

punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 5:37pm
post #6 of 11

I am soooo seriously jealous of Black Friday. We really have nothing like it here.

punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 5:39pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Hopefully nobody runs into anything as asinine as this. http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/bbdp/wal-mart-worker-trampled-to-death/262342

Mike

Just read the link Mike - I'm not jealous after all. That is just a terrible tragedy, that didn't have to happen.

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 9:00pm
post #8 of 11

Kivia - I know EXACTLY what you mean. I'm in the exact same boat. I wish we lived closer to each other. We'd go shopping and leave those guys at home!!!! Sorry you had a bad morning....

KKC Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 9:31pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut

Kivia - I know EXACTLY what you mean. I'm in the exact same boat. I wish we lived closer to each other. We'd go shopping and leave those guys at home!!!! Sorry you had a bad morning....

Thanks...It wouldn't have been so bad if dh hadn't woke me up at 2am to go shopping and then realized that we had our son so we couldn't possibly wake him. I go back to sleep and then he wakes me again at 7am, so right now i'm so exhausted.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 10:12pm
post #10 of 11

I try to avoid the stores on Black Friday or the traffic for that matter. However we did go out to the furniture stores today for the good deals (and they didn't open until 8am or later so I got some extra sleep)

Otherwise I purchase as much online at midnight as I can. I avoided Kohl's, Younkers, and JCPenney's by staying up til midnight and ordering online, everything I wanted was available online to so that helped!

michellenj Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 10:15pm
post #11 of 11

I read about that Walmart worker getting trampled today. HORRIBLE.

I saw quite a few people with their small children out at 4 AM. The kids that I saw seemed to be doing better than the adults.

So this afternoon I had my daughter write her Christmas list for Santa, and nothing that I bought her was what she wanted. Oh well. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%