Dec Td ~ Anyone Care To Challenge Me? :o)

Decorating By kellertur Updated 10 Mar 2009 , 4:27pm by Peridot

kellertur Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 1:59am
post #1 of 45

Hello,
If anyone is interested in participating in a Dec TD with me... I'm game. (cracks knuckles...) icon_rolleyes.gif

~ I'm self-taught and have been decorating for about 2 yrs, if that helps...

thanks for reading icon_smile.gif

44 replies
stephaniescakenj Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 2:16am
post #2 of 45

I've been lurking around the TD's for awhile icon_redface.gif Not sure if I'm up for it but I've been doing cakes for a few years too so it looks like we have similar experience. does it have to be fondant? I'm not so good with that.

FromScratch Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 2:39am
post #3 of 45

Not to good with fondant my ass.. icon_wink.gif Your entry cake is gawgeous.

mw902 Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 2:48am
post #4 of 45

I agree with Jkalman! That cake is STUNNING!!!!!!!!

kellertur Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 2:55am
post #5 of 45

No, it doesn't have to be fondant... icon_smile.gif

stephaniescakenj Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 3:08am
post #6 of 45

thanks but it's a dummy... soooo much easier to cover than real cake!

so what type of throwdown did you have in mind?

kels_bells Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 3:21am
post #7 of 45

Sounds fun but nerve wracking.

kellertur Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 3:57am
post #8 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniescakenj

so what type of throwdown did you have in mind?

Cake... Do you have any preferences for a theme? I think I'd prefer not to do a holiday theme. (I'm new to this idea and wanted to give it a shot. ) So I'm interested in hearing your ideas too.

I was sent the rules link, and probably should read it over again...

DesignerCakes Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 4:30am
post #9 of 45

If you don't have a taker, let me know. I'm game. How does it work and where can I find the rules? I've been decorating for about the same time as you.

all4cake Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 4:43am
post #10 of 45

I'm game....I think. I don't think time spent decorating should matter though....I got a lot of ya'll's cakes in my favorites! Ya'll got mad skillz!

kellertur Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 3:46pm
post #11 of 45

There's a thread about the rules in the contest page (I think under TD new ideas...)

Ok, so a few people are interested... great!
How should I do this? I'm not sure of the etiquette...
** stephaniescakenj ~ what are your thoughts?

Should I just see whoever PM's me first? I appreciate you all being up for a challenge.. I'll probably get slaughtered, but it should be so much fun!!

thanks~ thumbs_up.gif

mommicakes Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 3:54pm
post #12 of 45

I don't know what the rules are for the TD. icon_redface.gif could someone please PM them to me. my computer is not letting me search for them right now. any help will be appreciated. sounds like a good time.. icon_biggrin.gif
thanks,
donna

stephaniescakenj Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 3:56pm
post #13 of 45

well since we have four people, I'd say we could do two throwdowns? What do you think? Or can all four of us do it together? Probably not. I have to read the rules too. I love the holiday idea. I've always wanted to do presents or something like that.

stephaniescakenj Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 4:00pm
post #14 of 45

Ha! just realized you said NOT a holiday theme... so the other thing I was thinking about was a color theme and I've been dying to do a black and white cake.

kellertur Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 11:37pm
post #15 of 45

That's ok... we can do a holiday theme, I have a few ideas I like.
(I was being a Scrooge before icon_smile.gif ) I really don't mind.

If we can't all 4 compete together, someone please just partner up with me. I don't mind whoever chooses to TD with me... icon_smile.gif

We have to decide by Dec 1, right?

mndy204 Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 11:59pm
post #16 of 45
Quote:
Quote:

If we can't all 4 compete together, someone please just partner up with me. I don't mind whoever chooses to TD with me... icon_smile.gif

I'll try with you if it's possible! I'd love to try a black and white theme. I'm semi-new to all of this too, but I'd love the practice and experience.[/quote]

DesignerCakes Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 1:12am
post #17 of 45

I wouldn't mind a black and white theme either. I would prefer not to do a holiday theme, if possible. Can it be a dummy cake (so long as it is only the styrofoam that replaces the edible part) or does it have to be a real cake?

stephaniescakenj Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 4:48am
post #18 of 45

well we can all do TD's simultaneously, we just have to figure out who we'll partner up with. Why don't we try and match up based on our desired themes?

I just looked over the rules. the cakes do have to be real, although I have no clue who will eat all the cake when we're done icon_biggrin.gif Is there anyway we could limit to 3 tiers rather than 2 tiers?

Here's the link to the rules.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-583291-throwdown.html+rules

kellertur Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 5:04am
post #19 of 45

Great idea about matching up with theme...

I have decided to contradict myself and go with the
Holiday theme... icon_rolleyes.gif

stephaniescakenj Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 7:18pm
post #20 of 45

K2Cakes and I will be pairing up and doing a holiday theme. Everybody else find a partner and let the throwdowns begin!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Good Luck Kristi! I can't wait to see your creation.

kellertur Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 7:44pm
post #21 of 45

good luck to you too, Stephanie...

as they say, BRING IT ON!!! icon_biggrin.gif

all4cake Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 7:53pm
post #22 of 45

Jillmakescakes has an opponent. I love the rules/guidelines that they'll be working with. If anyone is interested in a TD with the same as here....

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6174308.html#6174308 please, pm me. today, if possible.

kels_bells Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 8:12pm
post #23 of 45

I'm up to a TD....any theme is good for me..keep me posted

mkolmar Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 1:17am
post #24 of 45

ooohhhhh this is going to be a good one. let the smack talking begin!!!

kellertur Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 1:36am
post #25 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

ooohhhhh this is going to be a good one. let the smack talking begin!!!

Hey there Melissa ~ I thought about challenging you personally, but you'd SO kick my A$$ !! ouch.gif - you student of Colette icon_rolleyes.gif
(I'm already going to take quite a beating from Stephanie... so this will be loads of fun!) icon_smile.gif

Thanks again Stephanie. I can't wait to see your creation!! icon_smile.gif

all4cake Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 3:04am
post #26 of 45

say if there are 4 separate TDs, are there 4 separate people to upload it to? how do you know who to submit it to? how do you submit it to them? in a PM?

mkolmar Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 6:12am
post #27 of 45

I'd like to do a TD but I'm rusty on cake decorating. I've been working more with pasties and chocolate lately....besides you would soooooo kick my butt K2cakes. You've got some cake skills girl.

I can't wait to see how all of these challenges work out. Rooting you all on!

Trixyinaz Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 2:28am
post #28 of 45

Hi guys! WOW....look at all this TD action.

I am currently hosting (meaning I'll be posting your photo's in a Poll thread) the TD's for the following people in December:

Mosmom vs. SnowShoe1
Stephaniescakenj vs. K2 Cakes
Jillmakescakes vs. ???? - the suspense is killing me...who is it???
All4Cake vs. Mariu

So, what will it be, Mkolmar and Kels-Bells? Are you doing a TD together.

If you are doing a throwdown and need someone to "host" your TD, please let me know so I can add you to my list and keep everyone straight. You can email me or just post it here. Please post it here in this format so I can easily see it....

Screenname1 vs Screenname2

Thanks and good luck to everyone! This is going to a very exciting Throwdown month. I can't believe how many we'll have!!!

stephaniescakenj Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 2:42am
post #29 of 45

Hi Vicky, Thanks for hosting for us!!! I can't wait. we have to get our pics to you by Saturday December 20th, right?

confectionaryperfection Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 2:54am
post #30 of 45

i thought they changed the rules to make it a dummy cake??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%