Please Help Asap

Decorating By HipnotiqGlamour Updated 27 Nov 2008 , 1:29am by annacakes

HipnotiqGlamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HipnotiqGlamour Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 12:28am
post #1 of 5

Okay so there is a cake im doing for a friend and she sends me this photo and wants to know how much I would charge for this cake to feed 150 people. She wants ALL white cake with vanilla custard in every tier.

I told her I might have to use a dummy tier. My questions are

1: What size tiers do you think this cake has?
2: How many tiers would you reccoment being actual cake and how many dummies?
3: How much would you charge for this?

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/Kaye72185/?action=view¤t=weddingcake-1.gif

Thats the link to the photo.

4 replies
trumpetmidget Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trumpetmidget Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 12:37am
post #2 of 5

I am guessing this is an 8", 10", 12", 14", (which would feed 161 people with 2"x1.5" servings) though i tmay be 6", 8", 10", and 12" (which would feed 110 people at 2"x1.5" servings). Many people go by the 1"x2" servings, which would give you more servings, but I don't. So, if I were to do it, I would do the first choice, with no dummies and I charge $3 serving, which winds up being $483 (it looks like it is buttercream. If you are going to do fondant, I would add $1 per serving). I may charge more for the bow on top (maybe make it an even $500). HTH

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 12:39am
post #3 of 5

They're just stacked squares that are 2" apart in size. A 8, 10, 12, 14" configuration would yield 161 servings, if you go by Wilton's serving chart, available here: http://www.bakedecoratecelebrate.com/techniques/amountbakingguide.cfm and if the bride is serving the top tier, not reserving it for her first anniversary.

It's a very simple buttercream cake with picot dots, an embellished shell border, satin ribbon, and a fondant/gumpaste bow. I would charge $4 a serving, which is about right for my area. You have to charge what is appropriate for your area/market.

Psss...I would also do nice open bow loops though. That bow looks a wee bit floppy.

HipnotiqGlamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HipnotiqGlamour Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 1:19am
post #4 of 5

Thank you sooo much.
I swear I would have a heart attack if it wasnt for CC.

Thanks for everything!!!!

annacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annacakes Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 1:29am
post #5 of 5

Yep, I think this is 6, 8, 10, 12. Its the right amount for the 150 people and you should charge between 450.00 and 500.00.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%