Where Do You Go When Cc Is Down?

Lounge By michellenj Updated 29 Nov 2008 , 1:37pm by Bijoudelanuit

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 8:54pm
post #1 of 30

I'm just trying to figure out to do with my spare time when CC isn't up. For about 2 years I've been doing Weight Watchers and occasionally post over there, but man, they are mean sometimes! Any suggestions on nice communities? There's nothing like CC that I have found. icon_smile.gif

29 replies
Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 30

I go crazy.... I didn't realise how many times a day I checked on CC to see what new things have been posted!

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 9:34pm
post #3 of 30

I go to my room and sulk!

Oh, you mean what other websites. I google other sites, but I haven't found anything else I really like. I tried wilton, but it just wasn't too interesting to me. I hope other people have some suggestions.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 10:29pm
post #4 of 30

I spend most of my time on SlickDeals.net anyway so that's where I head. Last week I scored a Samsung front-loading washer & dryer set for $800 at Lowe's after a pricematch to Sears (Sears had a 3-hour sale on them and from what I hear, it was a horrendous madhouse and they sold out super fast). Lowe's sells them for $900 EACH and I got the PAIR for 800 bucks. Teeheehee!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 11:31pm
post #5 of 30

I resurrect my ebay addiction. Added 11 pcs to my antique asian china collection. cruisin' CC is way cheaper!

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 12:04am
post #6 of 30

This last week I've worked on getting the house cleaned up for tomorrow.

Other times I've been working on getting my student website set up. (I know LeahS it's icky Wilton but it's a job and we all have to do it. Don't worry though, I save the day at the end of the courses and expand their knowledge outside of Wilton. thumbs_up.gif )

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 12:28am
post #7 of 30

Well besides the occasional crying jag, I mess around on facebook (you wouldn't believe what addicting games/applications they have on facebook!) or eBay. Or I get myself OFF the computer and go read or find something to clean/organize.

pajnpis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pajnpis Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 12:53am
post #8 of 30

whenever its down, i always go to mysoju.com to watch movie there..otherwise i would be in myspace or on youtube.

michellenj Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 12:55am
post #9 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

Well besides the occasional crying jag, I mess around on facebook (you wouldn't believe what addicting games/applications they have on facebook!) or eBay. Or I get myself OFF the computer and go read or find something to clean/organize.

Oh, Amia1024-I am totally addicted to facebook!

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 2:28am
post #10 of 30

I just keep hitting refreshing hoping it will come back all day icon_biggrin.gif I was on yahoo games for a bit and found this cool game called bejeweled twist but i'm already bored with it. I was also checking out etsy.com for a bit but got bored with that too. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that CC is back now!

Amia Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 3:16am
post #11 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

Oh, Amia1024-I am totally addicted to facebook!

icon_lol.gif Me too!!! I love all the stupid games. It's so embarassing, but I play 'em proudly! icon_rolleyes.gif

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 3:25am
post #12 of 30

While nothing can top my CC addiction, I also spend time updating my photos on Flickr (my screen name there is Kim_in_CajunCountry, too). I also belong to Facebook and now have a MySpace page. I did the MySpace thing because my young daughters wanted pages to "network" with their friends so I had to become familiar with the application to ensure that I know more than them and to ensure their safety. You can click this link to visit my MySpace page http://www.myspace.com/kim_in_cajuncountry. I also have blog that I update every time I make a new cake. Sometimes I post personal stuff, too, but it's mostly cake stuff. Here's the link to my blog. http://kimthibodeaux.blogspot.com

So I had plenty to keep me busy...I even made a couple of cakes! But it sure is nice to have CC back.

Amia Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 3:37am
post #13 of 30

We should make a CC group on Facebook!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 3:37am
post #14 of 30

Yes. intotheoven.com - but I'm there whether CC is up or down. Wonderful group there, that is my other haven.

etsy.com, neat stuff.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 4:08am
post #15 of 30

I actually got some house work done and made chocolates for DH's clients and my kids elementary school staff. I was much more productive when CC was down for upgrades. icon_lol.gif
I also visited slickdeals, etsy and recipezaar.

Bijoudelanuit Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 5:20am
post #16 of 30

I'm a facebook addict too! I always have it open in a second tab! I love the little green patch!

Amia Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 6:06am
post #17 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijoudelanuit

I'm a facebook addict too! I always have it open in a second tab! I love the little green patch!

Me too! I have it open right now! I also like bumper stickers and flair. Those are always good for a laugh.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 6:39am
post #18 of 30

I go to intotheoven.com but it's really hard to find someone on line, everytime I sign in everyone is offline and there's not too much to see, icon_mad.gif so I get bored fast and turn the computer off. I'm depressed when CC is down icon_cry.gif

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 7:25am
post #19 of 30

. . . I love looking at some of the incredible photos on flickr . . . http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-597484-flickr.html . . . but I don't just look at cake pictures . . . you can get lost in all kinds of wonderful places . . .

ImageImage

michellenj Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 3:11pm
post #20 of 30

FYI-there are several Cake Central groups on there. The only one that is related to members of this site is for Spanish speaking CCers. There's another group for CakeCentral.ca, which is a business.

Bijoudelanuit Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 4:01pm
post #21 of 30

For those on facebook there is a new christmas cookie application icon_smile.gif It's cute!

cmp24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmp24 Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 6:39am
post #22 of 30

I'm stuck on myspace when the site is down.

Bijoudelanuit Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 2:26pm
post #23 of 30

On Facebook I found one cake group that sounds nice, but is very quiet...Cake Appreciation Knowledge and Education (C.A.K.E). There are many of them listed... is anyone on a facebook cake group?

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 4:39am
post #24 of 30

I just created a cake central group on facebook. You can search cake central addicts!!

Amia Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 4:41am
post #25 of 30

I joined!

juleskaye518 Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 4:41am
post #26 of 30

I see you already, yeah!!! The pic is my first all fondant cake.

Amia Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 4:42am
post #27 of 30

Very cute! I'm excited about this. ::nerd alert:: icon_redface.gif

juleskaye518 Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 4:46am
post #28 of 30

OH girl! I was a nerd waaaay before CC!!

Amia Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 4:47am
post #29 of 30

Me too! And proud of it! icon_wink.gif I guess we're the only members for now. icon_rolleyes.gif

Bijoudelanuit Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 1:37pm
post #30 of 30

I joined too icon_smile.gif 4 total so far!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%