Tips And Tricks From My 5Yr Old...

Decorating By muddpuppy Updated 14 Dec 2008 , 2:40pm by JenniferMI

muddpuppy Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 11

OMG!! I can't stop laughing about this so I had to share! Over the weekend I was going to deliver a cake and my mother offered to watch my 5 year old daughter for me.. So to keep my daughter busy, I gave her a 4" round cake, a little frosting, a lump of fondant and some playdough cutters... Thinking she'll just cut little bits and stick them on the cake... well, I'm not sure what she was thinking, but she convinced my mom that in order to cover the cake, you need to roll out the fondant in a big circle, smear the buttercream ON THE FONDANT, then pick up the fondant and lay it on the cake!! When I got back my mom was so confused! There was fondant and frosting smear all over the kitchen table, my daughter, and my mom and my mom goes.. "How do you think this is fun?!? You're crazy!" LMAO!! I can't belive she actually tried this....

10 replies
karateka Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 11

OMG!!!! That's hilarious!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mommicakes Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 1:42am
post #3 of 11

icon_biggrin.gificon_cry.gificon_biggrin.gif This is way to cute!!!! Hey, you just never know, what if it had worked though???? icon_rolleyes.gif
Donna

Narie Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 1:54am
post #4 of 11

Hey. she almost had it right. She knew the buttercream went between the cake and the fondant. Not bad for a 5 year old.

LovelyCreations Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 2:11am
post #5 of 11

LOL!!! I'm with Narie, you have a promising decorator close by. icon_wink.gif

Parable Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 2:15am
post #6 of 11

So where is the picture?

Parable Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 2:16am
post #7 of 11

So where is the picture?

jammjenks Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 2:45am
post #8 of 11

Yeah, I wanna see a picture too!

xstitcher Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 5:16am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by karateka

OMG!!!! That's hilarious!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

That's priceless! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

alvarezmom Posted 9 Dec 2008 , 7:43pm
post #10 of 11

Ditto for the picture! My soon-to-5yr old does the same thing...she goes crazy for the cookies. I give 3-4 cookies and she can pick which colors of my RI that she wants...OMG I swear once she put about4 inches of frosting on ONE cookie...and made Hubby take a bite.

JenniferMI Posted 14 Dec 2008 , 2:40pm
post #11 of 11

LOL! To cute!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%