Moist Spice Cake?

Decorating By KidMcWonder Updated 26 Nov 2008 , 3:10am by Callyssa

KidMcWonder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KidMcWonder Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 1:47am
post #1 of 7

Anyone have a tried-and-true recipe they feel like sharing?

I found one that I was going to add some applesauce and maybe a little oil to, but I'm a little nervous because I haven't tried it before and things have been generally unsavory in the kitchen lately.

TIA!

6 replies
cake1119 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake1119 Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 1:57am
post #2 of 7

My family has fell in love with the Heavenly Pumpkin Spice Cake. I'm doing one tonight!!! It is the most moist cake i've ever tasted. Hope this helps.

KidMcWonder Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 2:34am
post #3 of 7

Thanks!
Is that in the recipe section on CC?

KidMcWonder Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 2:35am
post #4 of 7

Oh...found it!
Thanks!

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 2:41am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cake1119

My family has fell in love with the Heavenly Pumpkin Spice Cake. I'm doing one tonight!!! It is the most moist cake i've ever tasted. Hope this helps.

What a coincidence!!! I've been dying to make this cake and I just baked it tonight...it's delicious, it's sitting on my freezer now.
The filling is out of this world...can't wait until Thursday to eat it!

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 2:58am
post #6 of 7

Whimsical Bakehouse Spice Cake! To die for!!! Uses buttermilk so nice and moist. I used a spicy rum merenge buttercream on it and a cream cheese icing filling. It was so yummy. Made the whole house smell like Christmas!!!

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 3:10am
post #7 of 7

I just made cupcakes yesterday using the WASC recipe but used DH Spice cake mix, subbed in canned pumpkin for all of the water, and added the Jello Pumpkin Spice pudding that they have out for the holidays. They did crack on the top but lots of bc fixed that! but they rose up really well and talk about moist! They were much better after they had cooled that right out of the oven.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%