Chocolate Mug Cake, Aka- Pms Cake

Decorating By nutcase68 Updated 2 Dec 2008 , 6:43am by GI

nutcase68 Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 2

Someone posted a recipe for a cake that you cooked in a coffee mug in the nuke. I think all they did was type it in the forum as opposed to actually posting it. icon_cry.gif I lost my copy and my niece lost most of her copy. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif It was chocolate with chocolate chips, I remember chocolate anywhere. I don't remember anything else. It only cooked for 3-5 minutes and you had a personal cake. I could really use one today. To whom ever posted it, may I please have it again. My niece would like it too. icon_rolleyes.gif

1 reply
GI Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 6:43am
post #2 of 2

Try this below. Use a very large coffee mug. I personally would rather have a baked cake...but if you're dying for cake, then this is the ticket! thumbs_up.gif

Ingredients
4 tablespoons flour (cake flour)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder, any kind
1/8 teaspoon baking powder (a pinch!)
1/8 teaspoon salt (a pinch!!)
1 egg, beaten
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
2-3 drops vanilla (optional)
Directions
1In a small bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, tiny pinch baking powder and tiny pinch salt. (This can also be mixed directly into a large mug).
2Add egg and mix into dry mixture.
3Add oil and milk and mix well.
4Grease a tall, large mug, and pour in this mixture, scraping out with a spatula.
5Place in microwave on High for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes.
6(Best slightly undercooked, so be careful).

Frost unless you can't wait to eat it! otherwise, you could melt chocolate chips for icing. icon_biggrin.gif

(I have also seen recipes using mixes, but since I'm not a mix fan, then I don't really know any off the top of my head!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%